Camaro wont sell....

Old February 22nd 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Camaro wont sell....

'73 split bumper Z/28 IMO.
ups.com...

Old February 22nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Joe" > wrote
>> Those of us with TASTE loathed the bloated Mach styles. Over weight
>> behemoths..

> Gotta love that fastback with the baking-glass rear window.

Hence the nickname "flatback" instead of fastback.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302

Old February 22nd 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Joe > wrote:

> Ford should've developed a Pinto GT instead of bringing the Mustang II
> to fruition.

Uh... that WAS the Pinto GT

>> To prove my point... take a side view shot of a M II "Cobra{jr}" and
>> have someone photoshop radiused wheel wells on it!

> Actually, that would be the Pinto GT.

No, it would have flairs on the wheel wells, too.

>> Freakin' WHOLE different perspective! If you hadnt already had a 'bad
>> taste' in your mouth you might think it was pretty cool!

> With the landau roof too?

When did you ever see the CobraJr MII with a landau?.... i was speaking
of the 'numpty' versions.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old February 22nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"KJ.Kate" > wrote:

> Well, I for one like it. I would buy it if I were in the market for
> such a beast

Did you want to buy the last version TranAm? The 'fire-breather'?

YOur exception makes my point. You have to sell enough base cars to
support the hot versions...

There just aint enough "YOU's" to go around, if they dont put some style on
that front end.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old February 22nd 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"KJ.Kate" > wrote in message
> Well, I for one like it. I would buy it if I were in the market for such a
> beast. I think that you are wrong if you believe that it will nto sell. It
> will be like the new Mustang. It will be rolling out so fast that people
> will be paying premiums over MSRP.

There may be a quick but short rush to buy it.... I don't think it will
last. There was a reason they canned the Camaro. That reason wont go away
unless they make the Camaro for the Pony car market, price it accordingly
and design/build the thing so potential buyers a reason to prefer it over a
Mustang; the ultimate Pony car.

Michael

Old February 22nd 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Backyard Mechanic > wrote in
:

> Joe > wrote:
>
>> Ford should've developed a Pinto GT instead of bringing the Mustang

II
>> to fruition.
>>

> Uh... that WAS the Pinto GT

Then why'd they call it a 'Mustang'? In hindsight, the name thing was
fabulous. Mustang, Pinto. Too bad the cars were both pretty lame.

>>> To prove my point... take a side view shot of a M II "Cobra{jr}"

and
>>> have someone photoshop radiused wheel wells on it!

>> Actually, that would be the Pinto GT.

> No, it would have flairs on the wheel wells, too.

wtf are you talking about?

>>> Freakin' WHOLE different perspective! If you hadnt already had a

'bad
>>> taste' in your mouth you might think it was pretty cool!

>> With the landau roof too?
>>

> When did you ever see the CobraJr MII with a landau?.... i was

speaking
> of the 'numpty' versions.

If you're talking about the AC Cobra, it already has radiused wheel
wells. If not, then wtf are you talking about?
Old February 22nd 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Backyard Mechanic > wrote in
:

> "KJ.Kate" > wrote:
>

>> Well, I for one like it. I would buy it if I were in the market for
>> such a beast

> Did you want to buy the last version TranAm? The 'fire-breather'?
>
> YOur exception makes my point. You have to sell enough base cars to
> support the hot versions...
>
> There just aint enough "YOU's" to go around, if they dont put some
> style on that front end.

That thing is goddam awful. No accounting for taste - some people
actually bought Aztecs. Go figure.
Old February 22nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "KJ.Kate" > wrote in message
>> Well, I for one like it. I would buy it if I were in the market for such
>> beast. I think that you are wrong if you believe that it will nto sell.
>> It
>> will be like the new Mustang. It will be rolling out so fast that people
>> will be paying premiums over MSRP.
>>

> There may be a quick but short rush to buy it.... I don't think it will
> last. There was a reason they canned the Camaro. That reason wont go away
> unless they make the Camaro for the Pony car market, price it accordingly
> and design/build the thing so potential buyers a reason to prefer it over
> a Mustang; the ultimate Pony car.
>
> Michael

Well said.

Nick

Old February 22nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> "Nicholas Anthony" > wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> They've got no fallback. The original Camaros didn't look
>>> as good as the Barracudas or Challengers and not nearly as
>>> interesting as the Mustangs. They had no choice but to
>>> do a modern (sort of) look. IMO, they should look for inspiration
>>> from their early 1970s (1973 or later) models.

>> Actually they did have a more aggressive look to them and I was happy
>> to see the Stang follow up in '69-70 with something more agressive
>> stance as well. If I were Chevy make the car low frills affordable,
>> mimick the '67 and then some 5 years later mimick the '70's style. I
>> would love to see the Mustang do something similar and eventually make
>> ammends for the '74-78.

> Sorry.. I dont agree on that... didnt then, dont now.
> A Muscle Car is one thing, a hot pony car, another... the 72-73 "Mach's"
> were muscle cars!
> Bet you liked the Daytona Aero's and Superbee's too. THEY DIDNT SELL!
>
> Those of us with TASTE loathed the bloated Mach styles. Over weight
> behemoths.. and the ONLY reasons the Mustang II's are an abomination, is
> the combination of market reading for economy, Over Smogging for effect,
> and the curious styling blend of lead-sled and pony. Not to
> mention..LANDAU ROOF! Gag!
>
> To prove my point... take a side view shot of a M II "Cobra{jr}" and
> have someone photoshop radiused wheel wells on it!
>
> Freakin' WHOLE different perspective! If you hadnt already had a 'bad
> taste' in your mouth you might think it was pretty cool!
>
> But then the 68 - 81 Vettes leave me cold, too.
> --
> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer..DEAL with it!

Not sure were you missed it but I like the 71-73 Stangs too. I would love to
see Ford do a retro straight up the line fox and all.

Old February 22nd 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
: "KJ.Kate" > wrote:
:
: >
: > Well, I for one like it. I would buy it if I were in the market for
: > such a beast
:
: Did you want to buy the last version TranAm? The 'fire-breather'?
:
: YOur exception makes my point. You have to sell enough base cars to
: support the hot versions...
:
: There just aint enough "YOU's" to go around, if they dont put some style
on
: that front end.
:
:

You mean I've been telling you for years that I'm one of a kind and you just
now noticed?