Rfactor Trial Version - Can i try it with F1 Before I Buy

Old October 5th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tom Burton

Default Rfactor Trial Version - Can i try it with F1 Before I Buy

Thread brought over from an F1 News group

"Phil Newnham> wrote in message
> H wrote:
> > Does anybody here play Rfactor ?
> > Got it running on my new PC, there's been a grin on my face all day )

> Try rec.autos.simulators - packed full of Rfactor fans.

Is it possible to try an F1 version of Rfactor before purchase?

Tom

Old October 12th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
law1979

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> I have no idea if the demo version allows installation of mods, but if
> it comes with the excellent Formula ISI (FIS) class cars,

Hi Tom.

i downloaded the rFactor demo yesterday night to give it a try.

it contains this pleasant BMW Sauber F1
details : http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...%20Sauber%20F1 )

i'm a happy GTR owner.

but... rFactor = mega bang for your bucks.

you can ride many types of cars, the physics is really awesome.

35 Euros is nothing for that jewel !

See you on the tracks

Chris
Old October 12th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tom Burton

"law1979" > wrote in message
> Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
> :
>

> > I have no idea if the demo version allows installation of mods, but if
> > it comes with the excellent Formula ISI (FIS) class cars,

> Hi Tom.
>
> i downloaded the rFactor demo yesterday night to give it a try.
>
> it contains this pleasant BMW Sauber F1
> details : http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...%20Sauber%20F1 )
>
> i'm a happy GTR owner.
>
> but... rFactor = mega bang for your bucks.
>
> you can ride many types of cars, the physics is really awesome.
>
> 35 Euros is nothing for that jewel !

Aye got there in the end :-)

What controllers do we all use?

Old October 12th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

rFactor blows IMO. I just got a DFP and its more enjoyable to play
rFactor but I still prefer LFS because its just nicer...

GTR is fun too but I like the regular production cars.

Old October 13th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
law1979

"Tom Burton" > wrote in
:

> What controllers do we all use?

i use the Logitech Driving force Pro aka "Gran Turismo"

( http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Driving-Fo...000DC64H/sr=8-
1/qid=1160733983/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4108657-5334564?ie=UTF8 )

Chris

Old October 13th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Chang Liu wrote:
> rFactor blows IMO. I just got a DFP and its more enjoyable to play
> rFactor but I still prefer LFS because its just nicer...

Thanks for your oh-so-insightful views! Your detailed analysis of the
pros and cons of rFactor, especially as they relate and compare to LFS,
will undoubtable help countless individuals in their quest to pick out
"the best racing sim"

Old October 13th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

There is no way to control the car in rFactor compared to LFS because
the car grips like none other until the tail kicks out. When it does no
matter what kind of pedal work you do or how much you countersteer your
going to spin out no matter what.

Sure its easier to grip with the DFP wheel but just hope you never lose
the rear. Probably another reason why no one tries to drift in rFactor
as well..