The first drive!!!!

Old October 9th 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Default The first drive!!!!

Well I finally Got a chance to take the '76 out this weekend like 400 miles
out!!! After 2 years of fixin, tuning and generally letting this thing kick
my ass all over my Garage floor. I took her out for a run
WHAT A BLAST!! Ive taken it out before just around town nothin big I
took Highway 98 In the Florida Panhandle From Ft Walton Through Destin,
Panama City Beach, Apalachacola into Tallahassee. Then Jumped onto the
Interstate came home No major problems the 327 ran some hot temps In traffic
and it pulles a little when I step on the brakes hard.. Nothin big
One of the coolest thing I noticed Was every time I drove by another
Vette They waved... I think Im in a pretty cool Club!! I took a bunch of
Pictures Ill post later

Old October 9th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

So that was you I saw driving by huh! LOL
That's my neck of the woods. Gulf Breeze / Pensacola

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old October 10th 06, 12:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
David

Hi Jamie,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:07:26 UTC, "Jamie" > wrote:

> Well I finally Got a chance to take the '76 out this weekend like 400 miles
> out!!! After 2 years of fixin, tuning and generally letting this thing kick
> my ass all over my Garage floor. I took her out for a run
> WHAT A BLAST!! Ive taken it out before just around town nothin big I
> took Highway 98 In the Florida Panhandle From Ft Walton Through Destin,
> Panama City Beach, Apalachacola into Tallahassee. Then Jumped onto the
> Interstate came home No major problems the 327 ran some hot temps In traffic
> and it pulles a little when I step on the brakes hard.. Nothin big
> One of the coolest thing I noticed Was every time I drove by another
> Vette They waved... I think Im in a pretty cool Club!! I took a bunch of
> Pictures Ill post later

I'll have to head north in a few weeks. My '82 is about ready for
reassembly. Everything is repaired, cleaned up, and better than new.
It has been a two year frame up restoration.

I look forward to seeing your pictures. I've kept a full log of
everything of mine and about ready to start on a web site for it.

Here's waving at you,

David
Old October 10th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

AAHHH I know gulf breeze well.. Used to Live there Im at Hurlburt Field
been here since 92..Ive got roots!!..lol
news

Old October 10th 06, 02:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:07:26 -0500, "Jamie" > wrote:

>Well I finally Got a chance to take the '76 out this weekend like 400 miles
>out!!! After 2 years of fixin, tuning and generally letting this thing kick
>my ass all over my Garage floor. I took her out for a run
> WHAT A BLAST!! Ive taken it out before just around town nothin big I
>took Highway 98 In the Florida Panhandle From Ft Walton Through Destin,
>Panama City Beach, Apalachacola into Tallahassee. Then Jumped onto the
>Interstate came home No major problems the 327 ran some hot temps In traffic
>and it pulles a little when I step on the brakes hard.. Nothin big
> One of the coolest thing I noticed Was every time I drove by another
>Vette They waved... I think Im in a pretty cool Club!! I took a bunch of
>Pictures Ill post later

What engine do you have under the hood... ? Just curious, as I run a
68 327 350 in my 72 and like the engine...
Congrads on getting it out of the garage BTW... I know the feeling !
and I have to hand it to you ..none of mine went on a 400 mile shake
down crusie... more like 20 miles..!

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Rag Tops
76 & 79 Coupes

Old October 10th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

LOL

Old October 11th 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Mine is also a 68 327 V0302ME is stamped on the deck Comes up in Mortec as a
68 327 for a Camaro Ive got the 200-4R trans and I HATE IT!! Looking for a
350 to put back in it trans that is Not engine...I love that!!

Old October 11th 06, 12:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:21:12 -0400, Bob G.
> puked:

>On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:07:26 -0500, "Jamie" > wrote:
>
>>Well I finally Got a chance to take the '76 out this weekend like 400 miles
>>out!!! After 2 years of fixin, tuning and generally letting this thing kick
>>my ass all over my Garage floor. I took her out for a run
>> WHAT A BLAST!! Ive taken it out before just around town nothin big I
>>took Highway 98 In the Florida Panhandle From Ft Walton Through Destin,
>>Panama City Beach, Apalachacola into Tallahassee. Then Jumped onto the
>>Interstate came home No major problems the 327 ran some hot temps In traffic
>>and it pulles a little when I step on the brakes hard.. Nothin big
>> One of the coolest thing I noticed Was every time I drove by another
>>Vette They waved... I think Im in a pretty cool Club!! I took a bunch of
>>Pictures Ill post later
>>

>What engine do you have under the hood... ? Just curious, as I run a
>68 327 350 in my 72 and like the engine...

I have a 68 327 in my El Camino and love the way it winds...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old October 11th 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Why hate the 200R4? It has a lower first and it has an overdrive. The
lower first (2.78:1 vs. 2.52:1) gets you away from the stoplight faster and
the overdrive (0.67:1) gets you better gas mileage and lower RPM highway
cruising.

The lower torque, higher winding 327 should appreciate the lower first gear,
but the OD may give it problems depending on just how low your RPMs are when
cruising.

You probably have a 3.08 rear (originally an L48 auto car?) so a swap to a
3.36 or 3.55 might make your life a bit happier.

Check your fan shroud and the fan clutch to be sure all is intact and
running right to end the heat problems.Bleed the brakes, be sure the pads
are clean (no fluid on them), and enjoy. An old trick if the pads have
fluid is to take them out and wash in hot soapy water. Then rinse
thoroughly in water to get the soap off.

Or simply buy some cheap organic pads at your nearest parts store. You want
the cheap organic, not the metallic, and the organic stop cold, don't
squeal, do not wear out the rotors, and will actually do all you want unless
you are doing track events or canyon racing.

Old October 11th 06, 04:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

>I have a 68 327 in my El Camino and love the way it winds...

My 64 is a 365 Hp 327 (original motor)...
My 72 is running a 68 327 350 (out of a Corvette)..

I am still kicking myself for selling a Complete CE Block 327 I got
out of a 67 Vette a few years ago... I had planned to drop that in the
76 ..BUT a friend of my son opened his wallet and offered me more then
I could refuse for the engine.. IT now is under the hood of a 55
Chevy...

I am in my 60's and really cut my mechanical teeth on 327 SB's
so fond of them if you look at my e-mail address it is Rg327 at yada
yada ...

Not a thing wrong with a 350..or a 427 or 454 or .BUT this old guy
just likes the 327's...

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Converts
76 & 79 Coupes