1937 Packard Twelve 2-4 Coupe - Lalique Crystal Mascot

Old February 4th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Padraig

Default 1937 Packard Twelve 2-4 Coupe - Lalique Crystal Mascot

I saw one of these on a Cord a couple of years ago. Reportedly worth $25K
all by itself.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1937 Packard Twelve 2-4 Coupe - Lalique Crystal Mascot 4.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	32574
Old February 4th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Really nice Packard photos.
Regarding this particular car - the mascot added considerable cost to
the car and worth big, big bucks by itself in todays market. Noticed
the A post and the metal between the door and rear window, and I have
to laugh at some of the new car reviewers complaining on some of the
new cars about the blind spots on the model they are testing. I
sometimes think they feel that have to give some negatives in a review
so that they don't seem too loose with their praises. Hell, they
should have to drive these with the small mirrors if they really think
the new vehicles have blind spots.

Doby

Old February 4th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
MagisterMax

I think that it was a lot easier to drive this kind of car back 70 years ago
when there were fewer vehicles on the road and almost no multiple lane
highways or streets. The driver of this Packard wouldn't have to look over
his shoulder to see who was in the next lane because there wouldn't have
been one. Besides, I imagine that people would have given Packards like
this the right of way.

max

Old February 4th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
rob

holy crap pat very nice.......were these hand held or tripod?

Old February 4th 07, 06:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Padraig

"rob" > wrote in message
> holy crap pat very nice.......were these hand held or tripod?

Thanks.

It was outdoors so they're all hand held.

Pat

Old February 4th 07, 12:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
rob

very steady and clear

Old February 4th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

On 3-Feb-2007, "Padraig" > wrote:

> I saw one of these on a Cord a couple of years ago. Reportedly worth $25K
> all by itself.

$25K for a hood ornament? Holy cow. Really nice DOF in this shot.

--

Z~

..

http://www.usenet.com