MFFY du jour

Old December 17th 05, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default MFFY du jour

I can see how some people get to qualify for a handicapped plate - there
seem to be rather alot of them going around here.

This morning I'm heading north on a 2 lane blacktop doing about 60 MPH
(posted 55 zone) apporaching a curve. Closing in behind me is an older
model Contour that passes me at a rather high speed (can hear his engine
revving inspite of my closed windows, A/C blowing and Buffett blasting
on the sound system) - on the curve - in a marked nopassing zone (double
solid yellow centerline) - and southbound traffic approaching.

Sure enough on the back of this car is a license plate with the
wheelchair logo and the "DP" designation. I'll hazard a guess and say
that the probability of his "earning," that DP designation through one
head on collision too many is rather high.

After passing me, this guy catches up to the car ahead of me (about 1500
ft) and proceeds to ride his tail as the speed limit drops to 45MPH - he
couldn't pass that car due to oncomming traffic.

I don't know, do those handicapped plates give their holders some sense
of MFFY entitlement that says they are perfectly OK to endanger others?

--
Trucker 1: "The boxes knew we were lost."
Trucker 2: "Maybe the boxes should drive!"

Old December 17th 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> This morning I'm heading north on a 2 lane blacktop doing about 60 MPH
> (posted 55 zone) apporaching a curve. Closing in behind me is an older
> model Contour that passes me at a rather high speed (can hear his engine
> revving inspite of my closed windows, A/C blowing and Buffett blasting
> on the sound system) - on the curve - in a marked nopassing zone (double
> solid yellow centerline) - and southbound traffic approaching.

> After passing me, this guy catches up to the car ahead of me (about 1500
> ft) and proceeds to ride his tail as the speed limit drops to 45MPH - he
> couldn't pass that car due to oncomming traffic.

-----
You shouldn't be Slothin' around holding up traffic...

You admit you saw him coming, why didn't you get out of his way?
Surely you don't expect us to believe the 85th percentile is 60 in a 55
zone?!

You admit the nearest vehicle to your front was 1500 ft. distant, why
were you holding him up? You have no right to block faster traffic.
His passing manuever is your fault. Your slothness is dangerous, you
could have caused a crash and killed both yourself and the other
driver. Strike the last; 60 isn't very fast. My bad.

I hope you learned your lesson. Try to not be so MFFY yourself in the
future.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 17th 05, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:47:46 -0500, necromancer
> wrote:

>I can see how some people get to qualify for a handicapped plate - there
>seem to be rather alot of them going around here.
>
>This morning I'm heading north on a 2 lane blacktop doing about 60 MPH
>(posted 55 zone) apporaching a curve. Closing in behind me is an older
>model Contour that passes me at a rather high speed (can hear his engine
>revving inspite of my closed windows, A/C blowing and Buffett blasting
>on the sound system) - on the curve - in a marked nopassing zone (double
>solid yellow centerline) - and southbound traffic approaching.
>
>I don't know, do those handicapped plates give their holders some sense
>of MFFY entitlement that says they are perfectly OK to endanger others?

You confuse cause with effect. These retards have handicapped plates
because they are mentally handicapped.

Old December 18th 05, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

gpsman wrote:
> necromancer wrote:
> > This morning I'm heading north on a 2 lane blacktop doing about 60 MPH
> > (posted 55 zone) apporaching a curve. Closing in behind me is an older
> > model Contour that passes me at a rather high speed (can hear his engine
> > revving inspite of my closed windows, A/C blowing and Buffett blasting
> > on the sound system) - on the curve - in a marked nopassing zone (double
> > solid yellow centerline) - and southbound traffic approaching.

> > After passing me, this guy catches up to the car ahead of me (about 1500
> > ft) and proceeds to ride his tail as the speed limit drops to 45MPH - he
> > couldn't pass that car due to oncomming traffic.

> -----
> You shouldn't be Slothin' around holding up traffic...
>
> You admit you saw him coming, why didn't you get out of his way?
> Surely you don't expect us to believe the 85th percentile is 60 in a 55
> zone?!
>
> You admit the nearest vehicle to your front was 1500 ft. distant, why
> were you holding him up? You have no right to block faster traffic.
> His passing manuever is your fault. Your slothness is dangerous, you
> could have caused a crash and killed both yourself and the other
> driver. Strike the last; 60 isn't very fast. My bad.
>
> I hope you learned your lesson. Try to not be so MFFY yourself in the
> future.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.

Dave

Old December 18th 05, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 17 Dec 2005 16:08:43 -0800:
> You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.

*almost??*

Old December 18th 05, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán, > was motivated to say
this in rec.autos.driving on Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:29:28 -0800:
> You confuse cause with effect. These retards have handicapped plates
> because they are mentally handicapped.

So, you're saying that because they are 'tards (and that is very easy to
believe), they get the plate and then get the MFFY sense of entitlement?

Old December 18th 05, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Dave, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on 17 Dec 2005 16:08:43 -0800:
> > You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.
> >

> *almost??*

He does rarely make a defensable point, at minimum. Judy's just a
useless hypocrite who would make great roadkill or Soylent Green.

Dave

Old December 18th 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Dave, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on 17 Dec 2005 16:08:43 -0800:
> > You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.
> >

> *almost??*

-----
Well... I don't notice anybody refuting my perspective, including you.

It's funny how your own MFFY perspective fits you... a little snug.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 18th 05, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

gpsman wrote:
> necromancer wrote:
> > Dave, > was motivated to say this in
> > rec.autos.driving on 17 Dec 2005 16:08:43 -0800:
> > > You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.
> > >

> > *almost??*

> -----
> Well... I don't notice anybody refuting my perspective, including you.
>
> It's funny how your own MFFY perspective fits you... a little snug.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

You had no point. You, like Judy, are misapplying the facts to draw
people in. You're a troll. Have fun.

Dave

Old December 18th 05, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 17 Dec 2005 16:08:43 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.

And not nearly so entertaining.

MFFY Du Jour Scott en Aztlán Driving 12 October 7th 05 08:31 AM
MFFY Du Jour Mike Z. Helm Driving 51 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
MFFY du jour... [email protected] Driving 132 March 17th 05 06:04 PM
Speeding: the fundamental cause of MFFY Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 82 December 23rd 04 01:10 AM