MFFY du jour

Old December 21st 05, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default MFFY du jour

"Dave" > wrote in news:1135122177.297832.233820
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> DYM wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in
>> oups.com:

60

(about

why

traffic.

you

>> > You're becoming almost as pathetic as Judy.
>> >
>> > Dave
>> >

>> Nah, he's just hitting too close to home.
>>
>> Doug

> So you're saying it's okay to pass in a no-passing zone? Or you're
> encouraging speeding? Or were you once again too stupid to read what
> you were arguing?
>
> Since you defend bad drivers so much, I'll have to assume you are one.
> That's really scary considering the size of a school bus.
>
> You're probably just like that MFFY I saw blocking an intersection
> today with his big yellow bus that just wouldn't fit through on a green
> light, or yellow light, or the first 40 seconds of the red light.
> Nevermind the ambulance that was delayed a good 40 seconds till the
> dymwit was able to move his precious bus out of the way.
>
> Of course, you probably think that a school bus avoiding delay is more
> important than gridlock laws, or just having some ****ing courtesy
> towards emergency vehicles.
>
> Dave

I saw gpsman's rant for sarcasim. And I'll bet you can't find one quote
of mine defending bad driving. May have some argument as to what bad
driving is, but I would never defend it.

BTW, not even an emergency vehicle/police is not exempt from passing me
with my reds on. Of course I'll do everthing I can to get them shut down
quickly. The situation has never occured as I plan my stops and I am well
aware of emergency vehilces in my area.

Doug
Old December 21st 05, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

DYM wrote:

> >> Nah, he's just hitting too close to home.
> >>
> >> Doug

> > So you're saying it's okay to pass in a no-passing zone? Or you're
> > encouraging speeding? Or were you once again too stupid to read what
> > you were arguing?
> >
> > Since you defend bad drivers so much, I'll have to assume you are one.
> > That's really scary considering the size of a school bus.
> >
> > You're probably just like that MFFY I saw blocking an intersection
> > today with his big yellow bus that just wouldn't fit through on a green
> > light, or yellow light, or the first 40 seconds of the red light.
> > Nevermind the ambulance that was delayed a good 40 seconds till the
> > dymwit was able to move his precious bus out of the way.
> >
> > Of course, you probably think that a school bus avoiding delay is more
> > important than gridlock laws, or just having some ****ing courtesy
> > towards emergency vehicles.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> I saw gpsman's rant for sarcasim. And I'll bet you can't find one quote
> of mine defending bad driving. May have some argument as to what bad
> driving is, but I would never defend it.

So because he posts a hypocritical rant for effect, that is so far off
base that it makes no sense you have to attack me? There is such a
thing as MFFY behavior, yet anytime someone brings it up you attack
them.

> BTW, not even an emergency vehicle/police is not exempt from passing me
> with my reds on. Of course I'll do everthing I can to get them shut down
> quickly. The situation has never occured as I plan my stops and I am well
> aware of emergency vehilces in my area.
>
> Doug

I must not have made it clear. This bus had no flashing lights on and
was making a left turn. It entered a very busy intersection with a
green light, but not enough space to get through the intersection. The
light they faced in the intersection went yellow. Still no space.
Red. Still no space. 40 seconds passed before he could move out of
the intersection.

The whole time he kept an ambulance that had lights and sirens on
coming at him waiting by blocking nearly the entire intersection. My
view of his ID # was blocked by a large pickup, or I'd have made sure
to log a call into SD Unified about this driver's actions.

Could the bus not have just stopped at the green until it had space to
get through the intersection? I see semis do it, I do it, are busses
immune to gridlock laws?

Dave

Old December 21st 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
DYM > wrote:

>BTW, not even an emergency vehicle/police is not exempt from passing me
>with my reds on.

You're in PA, right? Vehicle code Section 3105 says otherwise.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 22nd 05, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> I don't know, do those handicapped plates give their holders some sense
> of MFFY entitlement that says they are perfectly OK to endanger others?

My theory is that a lot of them are now being issued for mental handicaps.
Old December 31st 05, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:
>necromancer wrote:
>> I don't know, do those handicapped plates give their holders some sense
>> of MFFY entitlement that says they are perfectly OK to endanger others?

>My theory is that a lot of them are now being issued for mental handicaps.

I think it's mostly moral handicaps. Though after my recent Philly
parking experience, I can understand. All the metered spots in a large
area are 2-hour parking... until 10pm. So if you arrive for a 7:30 pm
dinner reservation, where do you park? Garages are naturally full.
If you've got a handicapped placard, not only do you get an extra spot
every block, you get an hour's leeway on the meter.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old January 4th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

As long as I'm posting MFFY tales, here's one that got me Monday.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/transp...condary04.html

-------------------------
A little too much ice on Crystal Mountain Boulevard, a little too much
downhill speed in the wrong place, and all of a sudden a 2001 Ford four-door
sedan found itself in a heap of trouble Monday.

And for nearly five hours into the evening, so were the hundreds of cars and
their occupants stuck behind it, either spun out themselves or unable to
pass on the narrow, twisting roadway leading from the ski resort 85 miles
southeast of Seattle.

---

Making matters nearly impossible Monday, some witnesses said, were the
downhill travelers who tried to beat the clog by going the wrong way in the
uphill lane.

These scofflaws soon found themselves with nowhere to go and wound up
blocking both lanes, preventing the Crystal Mountain sanding truck from
descending with its load -- and taxing the patience and tolerance of
everyone else, who sat hungry, cold and possibly as ticked off as Suzanne
Mager.

"I wonder why the road wasn't being sanded and patrolled as snow was falling
and the temp was in the sort-of-wet/sort-of-frozen zone," she said Tuesday
in a copy of the angry e-mail she fired off to Crystal's management.

"It was also curious to me that Crystal appeared to have no vehicle
preventing numbskulls from zipping past us to drive ahead of the line-up."

------------------------------
So those MFFYs unconvinced 500 cars...

As a passing note (weird entendre there), Crystal Mt. (who maintains the
Blvd) switched to calcium chloride de-icer several years ago and no longer
*has* a sander. Because the temperature was dropping below where de-icer is
effective, we were left with a layer of water on compact snow & ice. If
they had had a sander, they could have fixed things. MFFY profit motives at
work.

FloydR

MFFY Du Jour Scott en Aztlán Driving 12 October 7th 05 08:31 AM
MFFY Du Jour Mike Z. Helm Driving 51 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
MFFY du jour... [email protected] Driving 132 March 17th 05 06:04 PM
Speeding: the fundamental cause of MFFY Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 82 December 23rd 04 01:10 AM