Repair BMW 1993 Sunroof

Old July 3rd 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Repair BMW 1993 Sunroof

How to remove the sunroof in my 1993 BMW ?? Need to get in to tighten
the assembly and filx a loose bolt that seems to be blocking it from
opening.

Old July 4th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

I like that link. It doesn't look quite like the one I used to fix my
sunroof, but it has all of the information needed. The only thing I have to
say about the write-up is that he (Karl) makes reference to some torxs
screws that are a bit of a PIA to get to. I don't recall having any problems
because I could get to those screws with the top tilted up and the inner
panel pushed back.

TO THE Original Poster
I suspect your problem is really the levers and linkages that operate the
roof, not an errant bolt.

Having said that, at the rear of the panel there is a mechanism that
operates as a water channel -- or something to that effect -- that can get
trapped on the inner panel. If you can get your roof to tilt up, you will be
able to see parts that can get on the wrong side of each other. The three
17mm nuts that are exposed in the tilt mode are key to getting your roof
back on track, no pun intended.

http://www.emotors.ca/Articles/24.aspx

Old July 5th 07, 10:53 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dodgy

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:59:21 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> waffled on about something:

>I like that link.

Me too, I looked at buying an E36 that had some sunroof trouble a
while ago, googled for info, saw that link and added it to my
bookmarks. I knew it would be useful one day, even though I eventually
didn't buy the car.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Air Conditioning/sunroof 1993 Audi 90 cs [email protected] Audi 0 April 6th 07 10:36 PM
e36 sunroof repair Kriznaft BMW 7 October 2nd 06 08:20 PM
Sunroof Repair Instructions [email protected] BMW 2 September 11th 06 10:34 PM
1993 90S sunroof broken Av Audi 2 August 19th 06 06:22 PM
E36 Sunroof repair Joe[_2_] BMW 4 July 8th 06 05:20 PM