At the Gas Pump.

Old April 19th 11, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default At the Gas Pump.

Mention the Usurper's name and listen to people start cussing him out.
cuhulin

Old April 19th 11, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-19, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:27:43 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>
>> Mention the Usurper's name and listen to people start cussing him out.
>> cuhulin

> Not around here. It's still Bush's fault.

Who's fault is it... well Bush and Obama are the front men, the public
face, that is for sure. But they aren't the only ones at fault. Their
wars have a lot to do with it, but so does the interventionist foreign
policy that goes way back... so pretty much every president since and
including TR is reponsible for that. Oil specifically at least since
Ike. Much of the foreign policy comes out of places such as the CFR, as
admitted (finally) by Hillary Clinton.

But there is another factor... the ever declining dollar thanks to the
federal reserve and the deficit running federal government. As of close
today, a 1964, 90% silver quarter, with no collector value is worth
$7.85 silver melt. Gasoline at $4.099/gal, is 13 cents a gallon in real
money. Real money being the constitutionally defined dollar as a weight
of silver.

Old April 19th 11, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Old April 19th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 01:41:18 +0000, Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-19, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=
> > wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:27:43 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>>
>>> Mention the Usurper's name and listen to people start cussing him out.
>>> cuhulin

>> Not around here. It's still Bush's fault.

> Who's fault is it... well Bush and Obama are the front men, the public
> face, that is for sure. But they aren't the only ones at fault. Their wars
> have a lot to do with it, but so does the interventionist foreign policy
> that goes way back... so pretty much every president since and including
> TR is reponsible for that. Oil specifically at least since Ike. Much of
> the foreign policy comes out of places such as the CFR, as admitted
> (finally) by Hillary Clinton.
>
> But there is another factor... the ever declining dollar thanks to the
> federal reserve and the deficit running federal government. As of close
> today, a 1964, 90% silver quarter, with no collector value is worth $7.85
> silver melt. Gasoline at $4.099/gal, is 13 cents a gallon in real money.
> Real money being the constitutionally defined dollar as a weight of
> silver.

I wish we HAD real money again...
Old April 19th 11, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 01:41:18 +0000, Brent wrote:
>
> > On 2011-04-19, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=
> > > wrote:

> >> Not around here. It's still Bush's fault.

> > Who's fault is it... well Bush and Obama are the front men, the public
> > face, that is for sure. But they aren't the only ones at fault. Their wars
> > have a lot to do with it, but so does the interventionist foreign policy
> > that goes way back... so pretty much every president since and including
> > TR is reponsible for that. Oil specifically at least since Ike. Much of
> > the foreign policy comes out of places such as the CFR, as admitted
> > (finally) by Hillary Clinton.
> >
> > But there is another factor... the ever declining dollar thanks to the
> > federal reserve and the deficit running federal government. As of close
> > today, a 1964, 90% silver quarter, with no collector value is worth $7.85
> > silver melt. Gasoline at $4.099/gal, is 13 cents a gallon in real money.
> > Real money being the constitutionally defined dollar as a weight of
> > silver.

> I wish we HAD real money again...

If you had real money you might be able to
get a job at $.01/hr - if your lucky
Old April 19th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:26:01 -0500, jim wrote:

> >> I wish we HAD real money again...

> > If you had real money you might be able to
> > get a job at $.01/hr - if your lucky

> That's OK, because bread would be $.02 a loaf...and gas $.17...

You are in the minority - at least in Western countries.
Most people don't want to have to work
for 2 hours to buy a loaf of bread
and 1.3 hours to buy a gallon of gas.

In third world countries the majority
would benefit from that price/wage structure.
Old April 19th 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Old April 19th 11, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-19, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:26:01 -0500, jim wrote:

>>> I wish we HAD real money again...

>> If you had real money you might be able to
>> get a job at $.01/hr - if your lucky

> That's OK, because bread would be $.02 a loaf...and gas $.17...

If we had real money prices would be stable and the wages wouldn't lose
purchasing power. Actually most everything would go down in price year
after year as companies found new ways to make things and productivity
increased. Right now that and then some is sucked up in the inflation
tax.

Old April 19th 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Brent" > wrote in message

> If we had real money prices would be stable and the wages wouldn't lose
> purchasing power. Actually most everything would go down in price year
> after year as companies found new ways to make things and productivity
> increased. Right now that and then some is sucked up in the inflation
> tax.

The loss of value of the US dollar is frightening. Gold reached $1500 per
ounce
today and silver is, I believe, over $40. Those metals have not "gone up".
The
dollar is now a rag bag currency. Thank you, Mr. Obama, but this is not the
idea of "change" that most people wanted.

Old April 20th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 01:41:18 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>On 2011-04-19, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:27:43 -0500, cuhulin wrote:
>>
>>> Mention the Usurper's name and listen to people start cussing him out.
>>> cuhulin

>> Not around here. It's still Bush's fault.

>Who's fault is it... well Bush and Obama are the front men, the public
>face, that is for sure. But they aren't the only ones at fault. Their
>wars have a lot to do with it, but so does the interventionist foreign
>policy that goes way back... so pretty much every president since and
>including TR is reponsible for that. Oil specifically at least since
>Ike. Much of the foreign policy comes out of places such as the CFR, as
>admitted (finally) by Hillary Clinton.
>
>But there is another factor... the ever declining dollar thanks to the
>federal reserve and the deficit running federal government. As of close
>today, a 1964, 90% silver quarter, with no collector value is worth
>$7.85 silver melt. Gasoline at $4.099/gal, is 13 cents a gallon in real
>money. Real money being the constitutionally defined dollar as a weight
>of silver.

Some talking head on the radio today said the majority of the $1 runup
in price was due to all the oil speculators manipulating the market.