turn signal switch

Old March 11th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Alvin75

Default turn signal switch

Hi! Now the ignition is ok, they have replaced the starter engine and the
ignition switch.

I think that something went wrong during the reassembly of the steering
wheel, though, because now the turn signal switch does not "come back" any
more. Is it difficult to fix it? Any tricks? Any scheme on the net? I would
try to do by myself, for this sunday is really quiet grey, even here in
Italy...

Greetings
Alvin75

Old March 11th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Alvin75

Sorry, i have a 1970 Beetle with the original steering wheel...

Old March 11th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Alvin75 wrote:
> Hi! Now the ignition is ok, they have replaced the starter engine and the
> ignition switch.
>
> I think that something went wrong during the reassembly of the steering
> wheel, though, because now the turn signal switch does not "come back" any
> more. Is it difficult to fix it? Any tricks? Any scheme on the net? I would
> try to do by myself, for this sunday is really quiet grey, even here in
> Italy...
>
> Greetings
> Alvin75

The bottom edge of the steering wheel has a
part which "sticks out" to trip the cancel
mechanism in the turn signal switch.

There should be a space between the steering wheel
hub and the steering column of 2 to 3 mm.
If more than that amount, the cancel mechanism
won't operate. Adjust by loosening the 2 screws
holding the column to the underside of the dash.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/