CRV 4x4 capability

Old December 1st 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default CRV 4x4 capability

Has anyone tried the CRV's 4x4 capability, i.e. mud, snow etc,
and not just mounting the curb when dropping the kids off at school

Curious as to how capable it is before I take it to a shoot and
get it stuck in a muddy field - wondered if it can handle it or whether
I should just takes my Series III Landrover.

Old December 1st 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Shaun Palmer wrote:
> Has anyone tried the CRV's 4x4 capability, i.e. mud, snow etc,
> and not just mounting the curb when dropping the kids off at school
>
> Curious as to how capable it is before I take it to a shoot and
> get it stuck in a muddy field - wondered if it can handle it or whether
> I should just takes my Series III Landrover.

I drive my CRV on Pennsylvania state forest roads year round and have
had no problems. These roads are unpaved and not maintained very well
during the winter (plowing) and I have not had a problem. They are also
very muddy in the spring.

I do take it easy though, no real rough stuff and such, but there are
many grades that I climb and descend. I also run M&S tires that have a
slightly aggressive tread pattern. One reason for buying my CRV was for
running these roads as they are a wonderful place to view wildlife and
there are many primitive camping spots and trout streams along them.

Here's 2 pics from my travels.

http://tinypic.com/i35tn7.jpg

http://tinypic.com/i35tv7.jpg

Here's a pic of my wifes van when I used it on a forest road last
summer. She was not happy.

http://tinypic.com/i35u9i.jpg