Volkswagen Super Beetle convertible - black - rvl

Old October 2nd 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Padraig

Default Volkswagen Super Beetle convertible - black - rvl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Volkswagen Super Beetle convertible - black - rvl.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	102153
Old October 2nd 07, 09:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Mike G.

It's not a Super Beetle.....wrong dash (attached a pic of a 74 dash, older 71-73 were different, but not like in your pic.) and
I'll bet if you looked there is not a McPherson strut front suspension. (see attached pics.)
All Super Beetles sold in the states (if not all Super Beetles period.) had McPherson strut front suspension.
As to year of the one in your pic....well, that's hard to pin down.

Mike

--
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

"Padraig" > wrote in message ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle dash 05132007063043 17136.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	102182  Click image for larger version

Name:	2289363_43_full.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	102183  Click image for larger version

Name:	xray.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	102184  Click image for larger version

Name:	1973_interior.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	102185  Click image for larger version

Name:	1971 VW Super Beetle.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	102186

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1972 VW 1302 Super Beetle Assembly Line.jpg (156.0 KB, 33 views)
Old October 3rd 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Padraig

"Mike G." > wrote in message
m...
> It's not a Super Beetle.....wrong dash (attached a pic of a 74 dash, older
> 71-73 were different, but not like in your pic.)

Yeah that's what Ron said too over in abpa. I saw it had a tall windshield
and didn't realize there might be a couple or more revisions that came after
that.

The hinky thing about this car for me anyway is the bumpers. I like the car
otherwise.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old October 3rd 07, 07:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Mike G.

"Padraig" > wrote in message ...
> "Mike G." > wrote in message
> m...
> > It's not a Super Beetle.....wrong dash (attached a pic of a 74 dash, older
> > 71-73 were different, but not like in your pic.)

> Yeah that's what Ron said too over in abpa. I saw it had a tall windshield
> and didn't realize there might be a couple or more revisions that came after
> that.
>
> The hinky thing about this car for me anyway is the bumpers. I like the car
> otherwise.
> --
> Paddy's Pig

Yeah, it looks like 60's style bumpers to me, but then I've been wrong before!
Mike
--
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...