Key will not turn in ignition

Old February 18th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim[_22_]

Default Key will not turn in ignition

I have a 98 Plymouth Breeze and have recently found the key will not
turn in the ignition. I have tried wiggling and jiggling the steering
column but to no avail. The wheel is locked.

All I need to do is get it started so I can take the car to the dealer
which is approximately 60 kms away.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jim.

Old February 18th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Jim" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a 98 Plymouth Breeze and have recently found the key will not
> turn in the ignition. I have tried wiggling and jiggling the steering
> column but to no avail. The wheel is locked.
>
> All I need to do is get it started so I can take the car to the dealer
> which is approximately 60 kms away.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jim.

With a small hammer or something like that tap on the key as you are trying
to make it go further into the cyl and turn it at the same time to see if it
turns. If so have the cylinder replaced with new tumblers.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old February 18th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

a lock smith is cheaper than the dealer and might even come to your place