Mechanic in New Orleans, LA

Old May 29th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Aawara Chowdhury

Default Mechanic in New Orleans, LA

I am looking for an independent shop to replace the timing belt on
my 2000 Beetle TDI. I would appreciate your recommendations.

I will be residing near New Orleans, LA.

Thanks,
AC
--
Email: echo 36434455860060025978157675027927670979097959886449 930P | dc
Old May 29th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

www.tdiclub.com is the best place to get recommendations.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044 Sign in and ask if
you do not see someone close enough.

You want whoever does the work to use a kit like this.
http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Ca...ng+Belt+K its
It replaces all the worn out idlers and the water pump that rides on
the timing belt. Replacing the water pump is cheap insurance. If the
water pump were to fail between pumps you could easily spend $300
replacing it. It adds $60 to the job to do it when doing the timing
belt. Some bolts are one time stretch bolts. If they fail from reuse
the engine can slip and fall out of position.

The shop should have a bunch of basic timing belt tools which run
about $300 plus a Vagcom to check that the timing is correct after the
job. Paint or chalk to do a TDI timing belt is not acceptable.

On Thu, 29 May 2008 02:09:23 GMT, Aawara Chowdhury

Old May 30th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You