Fun with the zj

Old November 15th 13, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_5_]

Default Fun with the zj

Been a while since I posted anything. :\

Thought my zj had a dead battery. No power at all, no lights, just a
slight glow from the glovebox lamp.
So I started to take the battery off and whad do ya know, the
headlights come on.
Ok, could have been a loose or dirty terminal, broken wire, etc. But
darned if I can find anything.
Guess the next step is ripping the harness out and checking each
connection and crimp.

Last time this was happening the ground post popped off the battery.
O_O

Also started popping fuse 8. Seems the VIC has an internal sbort
(again) so since it does nothing I just took it out.
Dang fuse runs like about seven doodads. Thankfully google had a few
clues.

Group has been slow as of late, mostly lurking these days.

--
DougW