Possible Trolls?

Old December 20th 04, 03:56 AM
Eric

Default Possible Trolls?

Does anyone else wonder if the sudden rash of posts about issues with the
new hemi are from trolls? I mean, c'mon, the GC isn't the only vehicle with
the hemi (Magnum, Dodge P/U, etc.). Not saying it is or isn't true, but it
just seems like there are a few "newbies" posting the same things. If the
problem was that widespread we'd have heard about it a long time ago from
owners of the other vehicles (through news reports or at least the
grapevine).

Eric
99 TJ SE

Old December 20th 04, 04:08 AM
DougW

Eric did pass the time by typing:
> Does anyone else wonder if the sudden rash of posts about issues with the
> new hemi are from trolls? I mean, c'mon, the GC isn't the only vehicle with
> the hemi (Magnum, Dodge P/U, etc.). Not saying it is or isn't true, but it
> just seems like there are a few "newbies" posting the same things. If the
> problem was that widespread we'd have heard about it a long time ago from
> owners of the other vehicles (through news reports or at least the
> grapevine).

They aren't the same engine/ecu combination and programming.

Lots of year1 vehicles have bugs. Some serious like the 93ZJ (mine) and the
recall that fixed the steering shaft so it wouldn't just fall off leaving the
driver without any steering. nice, huh? :I

--
DougW

Old December 20th 04, 07:08 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Eric,
That, and the new Hemi owners are used to sewing machine sized rice
burners, and have no idea that a full sized American V8 is instantly
stopping and starting a hundred pounds of metal, five thousand time a
minute. It's like the difference between shooting a twenty two caliber
and a Thirty Ought Six.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 20th 04, 07:34 AM
Dave Milne

??

Hemi pistons weigh 413 grams, less than a lb each. Not 12.5 lb each.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old December 20th 04, 07:39 AM
bllsht

In message > , "Dave Milne"
wrote:

>??
>
>Hemi pistons weigh 413 grams, less than a lb each. Not 12.5 lb each.

Hey, no fair bringing in facts. LOL!

Old December 20th 04, 08:26 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Dave?
Is the aluminum piston the only thing that stops and changes
direction? aren't they hooked to a forged steel rod? Don't the lifters
start and stop? Aren't they hooked to push rods, rockers, valves, valve
springs, keepers, and retainers? for a total of seven hundred pounds.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 20th 04, 02:01 PM
Mike Romain

Not the same engine as far as I have heard.

The Jeep version has the stupid 8 to 4 cylinder engine like the old GM
abortion they tried on the Caddy.

One article somewhere said they couldn't use it on the pickup because
it, the engine, couldn't handle load.

So much for the 'Hemi'. What a joke.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 20th 04, 03:39 PM
John Davies

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:34:58 GMT, "Dave Milne"
> wrote:

>??
>
>Hemi pistons weigh 413 grams, less than a lb each. Not 12.5 lb each.

Don't forget the weight of the connecting rod and wrist pin. Still not
12.5 pounds tho

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450
'00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro
Spokane WA USA
Old December 20th 04, 05:39 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

??? You might want to ask my friend with a Ram with the hemi which engine he
has...

Old December 20th 04, 06:17 PM
Mike Romain

You snipped that wrong.

It's not the hemi that is the trouble, it's the ignition that makes it
run on only 4 cylinders. Hence my reference to the failed GM 8, 6, 4
engine.

Ask you buddy if his hemi runs on 4 cylinders or not.

Mike