OBX Racing Headers have arrived for BIG WHITE

Old February 5th 16, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Spanks

Default OBX Racing Headers have arrived for BIG WHITE

OBX Racing Headers have arrived!

Up until recently the only headers available for the 5.0 2nd
Generation Ford Explorer were Torque Monster headers (allegedly
currently made by Al's Headers in Anaheim, California). The problem
with Torque Monster headers is many people have reported that Al's
Headers is not responsive to any inquiries or telephone calls and will
no longer make these headers for the 2nd Generation 5.0 Liter Ford
Explorer. Torque Monster headers sold for $789 to $889. Torque Monster
claimed that their headers "showed an increase of 20 horsepower
and 35-40 ftlbs of torque" and "obtained 21.4 mpg"

I noticed several months ago via some mentions on some of the Ford
Explorer forums that OBX started offering a set of headers for the 5.0
2nd Generation (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001) Ford
Explorer at only $399.00. Initially there were not many reports about
the quality of the headers offered by OBX. Prior to "Black
Friday" a few reports started coming in that indicated that these
OBX Racing Headers might be the real deal. During "Black
Friday" OBX ran a special for $100.00 their headers so I decided
to go ahead and pick up a set and see what they can do.

I'm not sure if you can (or would want to) powder coat headers but I
am going to do some research on that before installation. I intend on
doing a before and after dyno to see what real world performance
numbers can be had from the OBX Racing Sports headers. These headers
are the only option currently (and fortunately) available for the 5.0
2nd Gen Ford Explorer.

More photos at the truck's Facebook page link at my post at this link:
http://scoatalk.saleenclubofamerica....p?f=66&t=17772

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...8628#383818628