Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

Old June 12th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

Default Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose (pipe?)
for my '87 16V Scirocco.

VW says they haven't got it and can't get it. Same from a couple of local
supply places.

This goes from the vent on the front of the engine, to the intake air
housing over towards the right. However, it's also got a small tap that
goes to the intake manifold above the oil filter about level with the head.

There's a picture he http://home.comcast.net/~paralyn/Misc/CVPIPE.JPG

The picture is from my other 16V, the pipe here is fine. The damaged one is
open over near the crankcase vent.

- Bill

Old June 13th 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Bill Leary wrote:
> I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
> (pipe?) for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>
> VW says they haven't got it and can't get it. Same from a couple of
> local supply places.
>
> This goes from the vent on the front of the engine, to the intake air
> housing over towards the right. However, it's also got a small tap that
> goes to the intake manifold above the oil filter about level with the head.
>
> There's a picture he http://home.comcast.net/~paralyn/Misc/CVPIPE.JPG
>
> The picture is from my other 16V, the pipe here is fine. The damaged
> one is open over near the crankcase vent.
>
> - Bill

Could you make one from some heater hose, fuel hose, and carefully
chosen tees? That might be the only solution unless you can find a good
one in a junkyard.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 13th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Bill Leary" > wrote:

>I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose (pipe?)
>for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>
>VW says they haven't got it and can't get it. Same from a couple of local
>supply places.
>
>This goes from the vent on the front of the engine, to the intake air
>housing over towards the right. However, it's also got a small tap that
>goes to the intake manifold above the oil filter about level with the head.

For what it's worth, www.1stvwparts.com (which is actually
Auburn Volkswagen) shows both part numbers as available. 027103217F
is for up to vin # ...16000 and 027103217K for ...16001 on.
I have noted that occaisonally part numbers will show as
available on the site only to get an email back saying they are not
available. Might try emailing or calling them (Zach is the internet
sales guy) and verify availability.

Here is a shot of the ETKA page showing the part:
http://web.newsguy.com/racertod/hose.jpg

Todd
Old June 14th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Bill Leary wrote:
>> I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
>> (pipe?) for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>> ((..omitted..))

> Could you make one from some heater hose, fuel hose, and carefully chosen
> tees?

I'm trying something similar. The current hose is damaged where it turns to
go into the block. The rest seems to be in good shape. So, I'm going to
the parts store tomorrow to find an elbow with the correct diameter at both
ends (it gets smaller after the turn) and an in-line junction so I can get
the car going again. I'll keep looking for the right part, but I'm not
expecting much success.

I did this same trick for a water hose that failed about a year back and
it's held up fine.

> That might be the only solution unless you can find a good one in a
> junkyard.

I'll try that too probably. This particular part does NOT match the one in
any of the manuals I've seen. Those all look like the one racertod send the
URL for in another message. This one is an elbow at the block with a run
way over to the air box, and with a tap going up about half way along. Like
the one racertod shows, except the joint (3 and 3A in that drawing) just
aren't there at all.

- Bill

Old June 14th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

> wrote in message
news
> "Bill Leary" > wrote:
>>I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
>>(pipe?)
>>for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>> ((..omitted..))

> For what it's worth, www.1stvwparts.com (which is actually
> Auburn Volkswagen) shows both part numbers as available. 027103217F
> is for up to vin # ...16000 and 027103217K for ...16001 on.
> I have noted that occaisonally part numbers will show as
> available on the site only to get an email back saying they are not
> available. Might try emailing or calling them (Zach is the internet
> sales guy) and verify availability.
>
> Here is a shot of the ETKA page showing the part:
> http://web.newsguy.com/racertod/hose.jpg

Neither of these is correct for either of my 16V engines. They both have
something similar to the pipe labeled "5" in that drawing, except that they
have a curve at the end to go into the block rather than the 3 or 3A part
shown there.

- Bill

Old October 25th 15, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 11:14:23 PM UTC-5, Bill Leary wrote:
> > wrote in message
> news
> > "Bill Leary" > wrote:
> >>I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
> >>(pipe?)
> >>for my '87 16V Scirocco.
> >> ((..omitted..))

> > For what it's worth, www.1stvwparts.com (which is actually
> > Auburn Volkswagen) shows both part numbers as available. 027103217F
> > is for up to vin # ...16000 and 027103217K for ...16001 on.
> > I have noted that occaisonally part numbers will show as
> > available on the site only to get an email back saying they are not
> > available. Might try emailing or calling them (Zach is the internet
> > sales guy) and verify availability.
> >
> > Here is a shot of the ETKA page showing the part:
> > http://web.newsguy.com/racertod/hose.jpg

> Neither of these is correct for either of my 16V engines. They both have
> something similar to the pipe labeled "5" in that drawing, except that they
> have a curve at the end to go into the block rather than the 3 or 3A part
> shown there.
>
> - Bill

Bump!! Maybe this link will help

http://www.mk1autohaus.com/Lifetime-...e-_p_6501.html