How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

Old September 25th 17, 03:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

https://www.mcmaster.com/#screws/=19iejis

>>> https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/Fas...navid=12108710
>>>
>>> https://www.fastenal.com/products?r=...eners%22 %7C~

>> Personally, I use bolt when it's threaded into something that has matching
>> threads (these are generally relatively shallow angle threads).
>>
>> I use screws for when it's a steeper-angled thread that "bites" into the
>> material (often with a sharp point).
>>
>> Bolts generally have hex heads (for sockets) but not always.
>> Screws generally have screwdriver notches but not always.
>>
>> The difference is, to me, in two things mainly:
>> . The angle of the threads (screw threads are steeper)
>> . The mating material (screws make their own mating threads)
>>
>> I might be wrong though as I don't follow the McMaster definition exactly.

> So what about a "cap screw" or a "grub screw" or a "machine screw"
> or a "set screw" - all od which are ":technically" bolts by your
> description ???. There are other examples.

Yes, literally hundreds of different types. ;-)

--

Xeno
Old September 26th 17, 12:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_2_]

"Chaya Eve" wrote:

> . Pilot bearing puller (or blind hole puller from HF or autozone)

Okay, you've mentioned them. Read on......

> Here is my tentative DIY (composite from a few non-correct-truck DIYs):

Why not just use the correct DIY, from the place you mentioned?
Section 2 : W59 and R150 Transmissions 4RUNNER

http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...00c15280261f01

You could sign up (it's free), and access info on manymanymanymany cars + trucks.
(Lemme guess... you didn't know they had repair info?)

Old September 26th 17, 01:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 26/09/2017 9:46 AM, Sanity Clause wrote:
> "Chaya Eve" wrote:
>
>> . Pilot bearing puller (or blind hole puller from HF or autozone)

> Okay, you've mentioned them. Read on......
>
>> Here is my tentative DIY (composite from a few non-correct-truck DIYs):

> Why not just use the correct DIY, from the place you mentioned?
> Section 2 : W59 and R150 Transmissions 4RUNNER
>
> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...00c15280261f01
>
> You could sign up (it's free), and access info on manymanymanymany cars + trucks.
> (Lemme guess... you didn't know they had repair info?)

I didn't but then, it's a different country to the one I live in.

What I saw as being useful was they give a good rundown on all things
you need to think about when removing the gearbox. A lot of people, when
removing a gearbox, pay scant consideration to the effect that
engine/gearbox tilt have on underhood bits and pieces; top radiator
hose, wiring, linkages, etc.

--

Xeno