97 Stratus Miss Firing on Cylinder 4

Old January 11th 06, 05:59 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 97 Stratus Miss Firing on Cylinder 4

I have a '97 2.4L Stratus that is miss firing on cylinder 4. It has new
plugs and wires and only does this after it has not been started for a few
days. It throws the code for a miss fire on cylinder 4, but after the car
has warmed up and ran for a while, the miss fire will go away and it runs
fine. After a couple of days of driving, the check engine light turns off.
Is this the sign of a bad coil or is the problem somewhere else?
Old January 11th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"jh0828" <u17525@uwe> wrote in message news:5a353092e8c86@uwe...
> I have a '97 2.4L Stratus that is miss firing on cylinder 4. It has new
> plugs and wires and only does this after it has not been started for a few
> days. It throws the code for a miss fire on cylinder 4, but after the car
> has warmed up and ran for a while, the miss fire will go away and it runs
> fine. After a couple of days of driving, the check engine light turns

off.
> Is this the sign of a bad coil or is the problem somewhere else?

It could be anything like that.Even a faulty injector would cause that.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 11th 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

It sounds like ur fuel injector is going out.

97 stratus miss firing Jeff Dodge 2 January 6th 06 11:07 PM
L98: starts, but won't keep running. Dave Gee Corvette 15 October 22nd 05 08:43 PM
Did a brake flush damage my master cylinder? [email protected] Technology 13 July 7th 05 05:51 PM
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T and 2001 Eclipse GT Dodge 2 April 23rd 05 05:58 AM
Follow-up: 2000 Contour miss and Check Engine Light Craig Williams Technology 1 December 31st 04 06:00 AM