My Saturn won't start.

Old September 17th 04, 04:03 AM
warzena

Default My Saturn won't start.

I have a 92 SL and it has been running like a champ since I got it, until a
few days ago that is. I put gas in it at night and went home, got up the
next morning to go to work and it started fine, nothing weird. I do a few
deliveries for my job and just when I was finishing up I got back into the
car to take off and it wouldn't start. It turns over fine, but acts like it
is out of gas. I kept trying to start it and eventually it fired but ran
terribly. Any time I tried to rev the engine it would die, or caugh and
choke. I continued to attempt to rev the engine and finally it backfired
and the RPM's jumped right up where it should be and the car ran great.
Same thing happened a couple times after, friends said it sounded like a
plugged fuel filter, we replaced it and now the car won't start at all. It
doesn't seem to be getting enough pressure up to the injectors yet the fuel
pump seems to be working fine. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I
should look now?

Old September 17th 04, 05:34 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article
outautos.com>,
"warzena" > wrote:

* Check if you've really got pressure.
* Turn the key. You'll hear the fuel pump run. Turn it off. Turn it
back on after a few secs - the pump should run again.
* Check the filter - maybe it's backwards?
* Check for spark. If your spark's intemittent or not there, the
trouble's either the ignition module or the crank sensor. My money's on
the latter.
* Check your EGR valve to make sure it's not stuck.

* A bad temperature sensor can make the car a pain to start until it's
warm, or act weird in other ways.

You're having fan troubles with this car too? I'm going to take a wild
guess here - your starting issues and fan issues are in fact *related*.
If you can get the car started (btw, gas to the floor puts the car in
flood clearing mode), but it runs poorly until warm, then replace the
sensor - it's BAD.