Hazard warning switch replacement prob!

Old April 18th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim_Bon

Default Hazard warning switch replacement prob!

Dear All,

I came across a thread which mentioned potential problems with
hazard warning/ indicator on the Passat TDi. I was having problems with
indicators- worked intermittenly. It appears that is more of a common problem
than I expceted. I removed the hazard warning switch gently
using a small flat headed screw driver. On trying to replace the switch unit
into the block into which it connects to I was not able to. This terminal
block is not fixed to anything (hanging in air) thus I can not get any
purchase to push the switch in. I see no obvious signs on the block of
anything having brocken (there are little purple plastic tabs lying flush to
the top of the block?). Does anyone have any clues on how this unit is fixed
or failing that the procedure so that I can get into the back of the unit?
Your help would be greatly appreciated as a 30 sec job has now taken two
hours of utter frustration.

Regards,
Jim

Old April 18th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan

Jim_Bon wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I came across a thread which mentioned potential problems with
> hazard warning/ indicator on the Passat TDi. I was having problems with
> indicators- worked intermittenly. It appears that is more of a common problem
> than I expceted. I removed the hazard warning switch gently
> using a small flat headed screw driver. On trying to replace the switch unit
> into the block into which it connects to I was not able to. This terminal
> block is not fixed to anything (hanging in air) thus I can not get any
> purchase to push the switch in. I see no obvious signs on the block of
> anything having brocken (there are little purple plastic tabs lying flush to
> the top of the block?). Does anyone have any clues on how this unit is fixed
> or failing that the procedure so that I can get into the back of the unit?
> Your help would be greatly appreciated as a 30 sec job has now taken two
> hours of utter frustration.
>
> Regards,
> Jim

You might get more help in the appropriate forum,
rec.autos.makers.vw.WATERcooled.

Us folks here only care about the older, aircooled volkswagens, like old
bugs and buses and such.

Jan
Old April 19th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim_Bon via CarKB.com

Oops sorry me Old China,

I did not spot the sub-headings on the web-page. A bit too subtle for me I am
afraid. In saying that I do have more than 120,000 miles on the clock. I will
now copy the question to the appropriate forum. I just hope people do not
think I am spamming!

Regards,
Jim