Quick dual port question

Old January 8th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

Default Quick dual port question

On the left side of my Type 1 1600 Dual port engine, just before the
manifold on the left side curves down and goes into the engine ports,
there is a little capped tube sticking out. Sticks right out of the
metal. It looks to be a vacuum intake of some type. It's capped,
but the rubber is cracked and leaking. I'm replacing the cap. Two
questions.

1) What is it?

2) Could the current cap (leaking like a sieve) be what is causing my
engine to stumble when giving it some gas after its warmed up.

Really guys, thanks for all the help!!!

Still working on my PhD in Aircooled,
John

Old January 8th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Jakalope wrote:

> On the left side of my Type 1 1600 Dual port engine, just before the
> manifold on the left side curves down and goes into the engine ports,
> there is a little capped tube sticking out. Sticks right out of the
> metal. It looks to be a vacuum intake of some type. It's capped,
> but the rubber is cracked and leaking. I'm replacing the cap. Two
> questions.
>
> 1) What is it?
>
> 2) Could the current cap (leaking like a sieve) be what is causing my
> engine to stumble when giving it some gas after its warmed up.
>
> Really guys, thanks for all the help!!!
>
> Still working on my PhD in Aircooled,
> John

Yep, a vacuum leak there will cause all sorts of problems.

That vac port wasn't used on your car but that same casting was
also used on Type 2 engines where a vac takeoff was needed
for the brake servo.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Old January 8th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

> Yep, a vacuum leak there will cause all sorts of problems.
>
> That vac port wasn't used on your car but that same casting was
> also used on Type 2 engines where a vac takeoff was needed
> for the brake servo.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Speedy Jim,

Thanks for all your help. I don't know what I would do w/o you and the
other great folks on this group. I know I ask A LOT of questions. I
can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help.

John

Old January 12th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default 71 Bus fuses blowing

Hello there,

I have a stock 71 bus and keep blowing the last fuse on the right (the
right most of the 12 fuses). Also, when I turn on the hazzard lights
the fifth from right blows as well. Everything else is good as far as
electrical goes.

The fuse on the right only blows when I turn on the RIGHT turn signal
(not the left). I figure someone out there has had this problem and
could offer some advice. Since the hazzards flash the same bulb as the
right signal I figure they must be related.

Thanks,

Quick OBD II warning light question... tom Jeep 3 August 6th 06 11:47 PM
dual 4 bbl linkage question - "progressive" Bob Ford Mustang 7 June 15th 05 11:34 PM
Quick Question Drink Corvette 2 October 9th 04 02:44 PM
Just a quick question about the MAF sensor Pete Alfa Romeo 0 July 16th 04 11:56 AM