deck lid ID please

Old March 1st 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

Default deck lid ID please

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSCF0005-1.jpg

can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?

Ta

Rich

Old March 1st 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"tricky" > schreef in bericht
> http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSCF0005-1.jpg
>
> can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?
>
> Ta
>
> Rich

I would say 1300 from'72 ish (maybe '71) and up.
I have same on my '73.
Not sure if the 1303 Supers used them too.

Roger

Old March 1st 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

"bug '59" > wrote in message
. ..

> "tricky" > schreef in bericht
>> http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSCF0005-1.jpg
>>
>> can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?
>>
>> Ta
>>
>> Rich
>>

> I would say 1300 from'72 ish (maybe '71) and up.
> I have same on my '73.
> Not sure if the 1303 Supers used them too.
>
> Roger

I have been told it might be from a cabrio, with the vent behind the number
plate.

Rich

Old March 2nd 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

"Michael Cecil" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:04:55 -0000, "tricky" >
> wrote:
>

>>"bug '59" > wrote in message
l...

>>> "tricky" > schreef in bericht

>>> I would say 1300 from'72 ish (maybe '71) and up.
>>> I have same on my '73.
>>> Not sure if the 1303 Supers used them too.
>>>
>>> Roger

>>I have been told it might be from a cabrio, with the vent behind the
>>number
>>plate.
>>
>>Rich

> That's the kind that has a little thermostat to open the vent behind the
> license plate holder, right? Neat gadget.
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/hackingvista/

indeed it is - I tried a hair drier on the back and the vents opened. Cool !

Rich

Old March 2nd 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"tricky" > schreef in bericht

> "bug '59" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "tricky" > schreef in bericht
>>> http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSCF0005-1.jpg
>>>
>>> can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?
>>>
>>> Ta
>>>
>>> Rich
>>>

>> I would say 1300 from'72 ish (maybe '71) and up.
>> I have same on my '73.
>> Not sure if the 1303 Supers used them too.
>>
>> Roger
>>

> I have been told it might be from a cabrio, with the vent behind the
> number plate.
>
> Rich

.....Ahum..... didn't notice the vent before you mentioned it... DUH

Roger

Old March 2nd 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:20:50 -0000, "tricky" >
wrote:

>indeed it is - I tried a hair drier on the back and the vents opened. Cool !
>
>Rich

I know you could get decklids like that as stock, but just cannot
remember which years. Later mexican cars, I think, or for cars in
hotter climates (South Africa?).
--
Howard Rose
www.howard81.co.uk
Old March 2nd 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

> can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?
>
> Ta
>
> Rich

No Question, it's off a VW Type1. What do I win?? ;>)

97 Wrangler Sound Deck Jeepnstein Jeep 3 October 13th 06 02:07 PM
Deluxe Audio cassette deck [email protected] VW water cooled 0 March 8th 06 10:31 PM
I'm looken for pics of a 97 GT stereo, the tape/radio deck and the cd deck Joey Pankiw Ford Mustang 1 August 25th 05 11:42 PM
Air Filter Deck Lid Clearance problem Spike VW air cooled 6 November 20th 04 02:45 PM
How to install Audio deck AN0NYM0US Saturn 7 May 21st 04 06:42 AM