Sometimes Fate smiles

Old October 31st 04, 08:09 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Braukuche wrote:
>>Ich been einer Hamburger to!
>>
>>J. :O)

> Actually, didn't he literally say "I am a donut."?
> --Dan E

Though there is a pastry called a "Berliner," no one in Germany thought
that he was calling himself one. It is understood that when one
identifies oneself as a Berliner, it means a resident of Berlin. Not a
"plum jelly donut usually served piping hot on the streets of Berlin
during the cold winter days around January 1."

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old October 31st 04, 08:14 PM
Jan Andersson

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote:

> Braukuche wrote:
> >>Ich been einer Hamburger to!
> >>
> >>J. :O)

> > Actually, didn't he literally say "I am a donut."?
> > --Dan E

> Though there is a pastry called a "Berliner," no one in Germany thought
> that he was calling himself one. It is understood that when one
> identifies oneself as a Berliner, it means a resident of Berlin. Not a
> "plum jelly donut usually served piping hot on the streets of Berlin
> during the cold winter days around January 1."
>
> --
> Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

I'd rather have a hot, chocolate dipped Belgian waffle with whipped
cream on it.
Gawd I miss Brussels sometimes. The food & restaurant district was a
cool place for exploration too.

Jan
Old October 31st 04, 08:44 PM
Kidd Andersson

>My intention was to say it was getting close to epidemic levels, but not
>there yet... hence my use of "is becoming"... Quite appropriate for what
>I was trying to suggest.

Nope. "is becoming an epidemic in the last few years" still isn't grammatically
correct no matter what you mean or how you intended it. There are a million
ways to write it, correctly and incorrectly. No matter what you meant, your
tenses were still mismatched. Intentions only count when you act on them.

Sig Heil!

K.
"We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump
off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."
Old October 31st 04, 08:48 PM
Jan Andersson

Kidd Andersson wrote:

> >My intention was to say it was getting close to epidemic levels, but not
> >there yet... hence my use of "is becoming"... Quite appropriate for what
> >I was trying to suggest.
> >

> Nope. "is becoming an epidemic in the last few years" still isn't grammatically
> correct no matter what you mean or how you intended it. There are a million
> ways to write it, correctly and incorrectly. No matter what you meant, your
> tenses were still mismatched. Intentions only count when you act on them.
>
> Sig Heil!

You misspelled "sieg"

Hope this helps

Jan
Old October 31st 04, 08:52 PM
Kidd Andersson

>You misspelled "sieg"
>
>Hope this helps
>

>Jan

Vatipaa. Blame Google. I checked with them first.

Old October 31st 04, 09:15 PM
RSMEINER

>This might help:
>
>Goose, Noose, Loose, Moose, Papoose, Mongoose, Caboose...

Or

How's bout them moose goosers
Ain't they cloose
Out in the boondocks
Goosin them moose
Some goose the big moose
Some goose the tiny
But they all goose the moose
In the hiney.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner
Old October 31st 04, 10:13 PM
Eduardo K.

In article >,
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott et> wrote:
>Braukuche wrote:
>>>Ich been einer Hamburger to!
>>>
>>>J. :O)

>> Actually, didn't he literally say "I am a donut."?
>> --Dan E

>Though there is a pastry called a "Berliner," no one in Germany thought
>that he was calling himself one. It is understood that when one
>identifies oneself as a Berliner, it means a resident of Berlin. Not a
>"plum jelly donut usually served piping hot on the streets of Berlin
>during the cold winter days around January 1."

In chile a 'berlin' is a cheap sweet cake filled with cream or jelly.

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://e.nn.cl |
Old November 1st 04, 01:17 AM
P.J.Berg

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Kidd Andersson wrote:
>>
>>> My intention was to say it was getting close to epidemic levels,
>>> but not there yet... hence my use of "is becoming"... Quite
>>> appropriate for what I was trying to suggest.
>>>

>> Nope. "is becoming an epidemic in the last few years" still isn't
>> grammatically correct no matter what you mean or how you intended
>> it. There are a million ways to write it, correctly and incorrectly.
>> No matter what you meant, your tenses were still mismatched.
>> Intentions only count when you act on them.
>>
>> Sig Heil!
>>

> You misspelled "sieg"

That was going to be my line!!

J.