Anyone make the leap? C4 to C6? Impressions?

Old November 6th 05, 08:12 PM
Mutts

Default Anyone make the leap? C4 to C6? Impressions?

I've been driving an 89 C4 A4 for over a decade now as a daily driver.
Gearing up for a used C6 2005 A4 purchase soon.
Either a F55 or Z51 suspension.

Were basically talking a 20 leap in technology.
What are your driving impressions of the change?
What are the most notiicalbe differences?

Thanks in advance!

Old November 6th 05, 08:43 PM
Dad

"Mutts" > wrote in message

> I've been driving an 89 C4 A4 for over a decade now as a daily driver.
> Gearing up for a used C6 2005 A4 purchase soon.
> Either a F55 or Z51 suspension.
>

> Were basically talking a 20 leap in technology.
> What are your driving impressions of the change?
> What are the most notiicalbe differences?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I've owned all generations and if I were to have any of those back as a
driver, the C4 would be my last choice. Even the poor quality '70s were a
better machine. Go drive the C5 and the C6 and make up your own mind. My own
feelings are that the C5 is as good as the C6 and a better value or they
were for awhile until the price started comming up instead of down (?) after
the C6 came out. There are a few advantages to owning the C6, the headlights
and 50 more horses and the ability to put them on the road effortlessly.
Also the widows don't unseat over 100 on the C6.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 7th 05, 11:10 AM
The Tone

Don't wait..........grab the C6 you will love it, I still own a 84 and
I love it, but there is no comparision, the C6 is the Ulitmate driving
machine and that 400 horse engine....WOW!
Mine is LeMans blue with gray interior, I orderd it and I would
do it agin in a heartbeat, trust me you'll love it, smooth, quiet and
perfect, after all it is a CORVETTE!!!

Old November 7th 05, 02:49 PM

I own a 1992 Polo Green and last year added a Mag Red 2005. It is much
roomier, smoother, and quietier in the C6. My C4 will always give me
that "cockpit" feeling when I hop in.

Old November 7th 05, 11:22 PM
The Tone

I own a c4 also and there is absolutly no comparison
between the C6 and the C4........NONE!!!
On 7 Nov 2005 06:49:30 -0800, "