GPL graphics problem

Old June 25th 05, 12:04 AM
Kevin Barnes

Default GPL graphics problem

Ive just updated my drivers on my radeon 9000 card and for some reson now
when im in the cockpit of the car i only get a quarter of the view
showing(top left) all menus are fine. anyone know how to stop this. i know
you will say go back to original drivers but they didnt work on another game
(brothers in arms). Ive tried all latest drivers omega Etc

many thanks

Kev Barnes

Old June 25th 05, 12:35 AM
Malc

"Kevin Barnes" > wrote in message
> Ive just updated my drivers on my radeon 9000 card and for some reson now
> when im in the cockpit of the car i only get a quarter of the view
> showing(top left) all menus are fine. anyone know how to stop this. i know
> you will say go back to original drivers but they didnt work on another

game
> (brothers in arms). Ive tried all latest drivers omega Etc

Can't help much (never had an Ati card) but I've heard of this problem
before, it's not just you ;-)

Try 16 bit desktop
Try OpenGL
Try running gpl in a window

If software mode works okay chances are it's not gpl at fault but some
driver setting. If software mode (or OpenGL) doesn't solve it try playing
with the core.ini D3D settings.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Malc.

Old June 25th 05, 12:43 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Kevin Barnes" wrote...
> Ive just updated my drivers on my radeon 9000 card and for some
> reson now when im in the cockpit of the car i only get a quarter of
> the view showing(top left) all menus are fine. anyone know how to
> stop this. i know you will say go back to original drivers but they
> didnt work on another game (brothers in arms). Ive tried all latest
> drivers omega Etc

There is a fix for this, I just can't think of it at the moment... something
to do with the directmirror rendering? -I'll try to find it in the
morning...

Jan.
=---

Old June 25th 05, 12:51 AM
Malc

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "Kevin Barnes" wrote...
> > Ive just updated my drivers on my radeon 9000 card and for some
> > reson now when im in the cockpit of the car i only get a quarter of
> > the view showing(top left) all menus are fine. anyone know how to
> > stop this. i know you will say go back to original drivers but they
> > didnt work on another game (brothers in arms). Ive tried all latest
> > drivers omega Etc

> There is a fix for this, I just can't think of it at the moment...

something
> to do with the directmirror rendering? -I'll try to find it in the
> morning...

The setting is in the core.ini and IIRC setting this to 0 on an Ati card
does fix a common problem, possibly this one ;-)

For any nVidia or 3dfx card it should be set to 1 for best performance. A
modern card should easily have enough horsepower to make up for this & other
optimisations (Z-buffer etc) if they are causing compatibility problems.

Malc.

Old June 25th 05, 01:57 PM
Kevin Barnes

i have sold this problem but now when recing all writing on the screen is
unreadable it appears as green blocks?

KevB

Old June 25th 05, 05:14 PM
Malc

"Kevin Barnes" > wrote in message
> i have sold this problem but now when recing all writing on the screen is
> unreadable it appears as green blocks?

How did you solve the problerm?

Green blocks around the text is a common D3D problem. Try OpenGL.