Siphoning gas into my TJ....

Old March 16th 05, 07:55 AM
Jeff Olsen

Default Siphoning gas into my TJ....

I recently blew the engine on my old Nissan farm truck... unfortunatly, it
had a full tank of good gas that I hate to waste! I'd like to siphon it out
and use it, or at least most of it, in my TJ. Any tricks to this? I was
gonna see if the parts store had a screen I could run it through to catch
anything big that got sucked up but otherwise just either siphon it to cans
and then dump it over to the Jeep or else just go straight from one to the
other.

-jeff

Old March 16th 05, 08:27 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Jeff,
Siphoning from one to another is going to be pretty difficult to do
unless you can get the rice burner up on top of your loading dock. I
take about three quick pulls, just using my cheeks, remembering any
swallowed is very serious, as it covers our cells and makes it
impossible for them to absorb oxygen. Another way is to slide the
Mexican credit card all the way into the tank, jerking it out with the
thumb covering the hose to create a vacuum then opening and letting
inertia push the gasoline up, about three of four times in quick
secession. Or cut a piece an old inner tube with a couple holes for the
siphon hose and one for a hose to blow into to pressurize the tank and
force the gasoline out that way into your Jeep cans.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 16th 05, 12:14 PM
Bill Helton

Or maybe stop by your local Tractor supply store and get a hand pump siphon for 15-20 bucks...

BH

Old March 16th 05, 01:38 PM
Snow

another way and certainly safer is to buy a fuel primer bulb for outboard
motors, attach some hose to either end and pump away. Check out you local
autoparts place as they may sell something similar all ready made up.

Snow...

Old March 16th 05, 03:45 PM
Dan J.S.

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Hi Jeff,
> Siphoning from one to another is going to be pretty difficult to do
> unless you can get the rice burner up on top of your loading dock. I
> take about three quick pulls, just using my cheeks, remembering any
> swallowed is very serious, as it covers our cells and makes it
> impossible for them to absorb oxygen. Another way is to slide the
> Mexican credit card all the way into the tank, jerking it out with the
> thumb covering the hose to create a vacuum then opening and letting
> inertia push the gasoline up, about three of four times in quick
> secession. Or cut a piece an old inner tube with a couple holes for the
> siphon hose and one for a hose to blow into to pressurize the tank and
> force the gasoline out that way into your Jeep cans.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

If it's a rice burner, why are you talking about getting the gasoline out?

Old March 16th 05, 08:41 PM
Will Honea

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:55:29 UTC Jeff Olsen >
wrote:

> I recently blew the engine on my old Nissan farm truck... unfortunatly, it
> had a full tank of good gas that I hate to waste! I'd like to siphon it out
> and use it, or at least most of it, in my TJ. Any tricks to this? I was
> gonna see if the parts store had a screen I could run it through to catch
> anything big that got sucked up but otherwise just either siphon it to cans
> and then dump it over to the Jeep or else just go straight from one to the
> other.

Cheapo plastic pump for a couple bucks at the parts store. That, or
unhook/cut the fuel line on the import, turn the igniton on and let it
pump the gas into a can for you.

--
Will Honea
Old March 16th 05, 09:33 PM
Jeff Strickland

If you are pulling from the tank and into a can, then going into the Jeep,
why not just put one of your wife's knee-high panty hose on the end of the
hose that goes into the can? This should catch all of the big chunks for you

Old March 16th 05, 10:23 PM
Mike Romain

I have used a funnel and a basket style coffee filter with success to
clean suspect gas.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 16th 05, 10:24 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I don't know, I'd like set a match to it, and see if the seishu,
sakazuki, or whatever their crap is, burns.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 16th 05, 11:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That wouldn't filter out the sugar, his neighbor that hated
Japanese products put in, thought.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/