2000 Town & Country Tow Package - how do I know if it is installed

Old May 17th 05, 05:32 AM

Default 2000 Town & Country Tow Package - how do I know if it is installed

How can I tell if a year 2000 Chrysler Town and Country actually has
the Tow Package installed? The seller has what looks like the actual
factory window printout that says it has it, but what can I look at in
the engine or underneath to know if it really does??

Old May 21st 05, 01:05 PM
Richard

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> How can I tell if a year 2000 Chrysler Town and Country actually has
> the Tow Package installed? The seller has what looks like the actual
> factory window printout that says it has it, but what can I look at in
> the engine or underneath to know if it really does??

There is a metal plate under the hood with code numbers. This list of
numbers tells what was installed at the factory. The tow package would
include a larger alternator, larger battery, an oil cooler for the
transmission, etc.

Richard.

Old May 21st 05, 09:29 PM
mic canic

wiring at the bac of the van and a hitch and a bigger raditor

Old May 23rd 05, 01:55 PM
Richard

"mic canic" > wrote in message
> wiring at the bac of the van and a hitch and a bigger raditor

Wrong; none of that is part of the package; except possibly the bigger
radiator which is hard to tell by merely looking.

Richard.

Old May 24th 05, 02:11 AM
mic canic

where did yu come from with that

Old May 24th 05, 02:12 AM
mic canic

now that i think of it i justed prepped 2 new ones today that had all that

Old May 24th 05, 02:23 PM
Richard

The 2005 vehicles are easy to spot. They also sport self-adjusting rear
shocks. I don't recall if those were part of the 2000 package.

Richard.

Old May 24th 05, 03:20 PM
David

"Richard" <rfeirste at nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> The 2005 vehicles are easy to spot. They also sport self-adjusting rear
> shocks. I don't recall if those were part of the 2000 package.
>
> Richard.

It might. Our Gr. Caravan Sport 200 had the tow package, and had the
self -levelling shocks.