Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" (1/2) 516.6 KBytes

Old February 9th 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_6_]

Default Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" (1/2) 516.6 KBytes

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 03:06:01 +0000, ttucro wrote:

> "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg"

It's a train.

Specifically a SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français), TER
model.

The next photo is likely an interior shot of the same vehicle.

SW

--
Like cars in amusement parks, our direction is often determined through
collisions.

-Yahia Lababidi, writer (b. 1973)

Old February 9th 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Default Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" 516.6 KBytes

Boy are you right. I didn't think anyone would recognize the type of train.

Photo taken in Perigueux, France 2004 at the SNCF open house. They overhaul
the train cars there to a like new condition every 20 years and repair all
the damaged cars. I went with a friend that had worked all his life there
from 1944 on. The Germans had control of it for about a year.

You can see a small slide show of the operation he

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&plinde x=0

Have a great day.
Old February 9th 08, 05:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_6_]

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 03:50:40 +0000, ttucro wrote:

> Boy are you right. I didn't think anyone would recognize the type of train.
>
> Photo taken in Perigueux, France 2004 at the SNCF open house. They overhaul
> the train cars there to a like new condition every 20 years and repair all
> the damaged cars. I went with a friend that had worked all his life there
> from 1944 on. The Germans had control of it for about a year.
>
> You can see a small slide show of the operation he
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&plinde x=0

Very cool!

In '67-'68, I think I rode most every train in Europe, and especially
French ones. It's a whole different train-world over there (and other
parts of the world) compared to North America!

> Have a great day.

And you as well, sir!

SW

Old February 9th 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Default Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" 516.6 KBytes - "Another SNCF engine.jpg" 178.9 KBytes

I haven't been on an American train since 1955 and that was when I was
inducted into the Army. I also rode in an army C-47 (DC3) in 1955 to
another base.
I have been on a lot of French trains though. I just bought tickets for
next April from Paris to Perigueux on the TGV.

Have a great day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Another SNCF engine.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	118615
Old February 9th 08, 09:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

En voilà deux autres.... :-))

Max
> wrote in message news:kq9rj.182$qw4.103@trnddc02...
> Boy are you right. I didn't think anyone would recognize the type of
> train.
>
> Photo taken in Perigueux, France 2004 at the SNCF open house. They
> overhaul
> the train cars there to a like new condition every 20 years and repair all
> the damaged cars. I went with a friend that had worked all his life there
> from 1944 on. The Germans had control of it for about a year.
>
> You can see a small slide show of the operation he
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&plinde x=0
>
> Have a great day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X_73811_-_2007-10-17_-_AYTRE_17.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	118617  Click image for larger version

Name:	Grenoble in 2002--www 5998 X73622.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	118618  Click image for larger version

Name:	Le Puy en Velay (2) - Sept 2004.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	118619