Turn Left and Blower Turns ON!!!

Old February 8th 05, 12:50 AM
carnovice

Default Turn Left and Blower Turns ON!!!

I'm experiencing problems with the blower on my 2000 Saturn SL100. It
has been acting up and mysteriously kicks on when I turn left - then
when I straighten out the wheel it stops again.

This only works then the car is in motion. Turning the wheel while in
park does not work. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening and
how I may fix it?

Old February 8th 05, 02:58 AM
carnovice

Sorry. I'm new at this.

It doesn't matter what setting that it is on. When turning left, the
blower will blow according to the setting on the control panel.

Sometimes, it will continue working for 4-5 minutes and then go off
again. When it goes off, I can hear a humming sound as if it is trying
to run. Turn a left, and it kicks on again.

This weekend, it completely quit. There was no sound and no air no
matter what. Then today I got up and it was miraculously working again.

Old February 8th 05, 03:01 AM
carnovice

Oops. . . when I say, "working again" I mean that it will run
intermittently if I turn left.

Old February 9th 05, 02:58 AM
carnovice

The blower never works correctly. It either works when I turn left -
or it doesn't work at all. It is a crap shoot.

It will work on 1, 2, and 3, in addition to 4. So it is not bypassing
anything. I'm just bamboozled. It's like some connection is loose. I
just don't know where to start looking.

Also, if I turn left without giving it gas, it does nothing. If I give
it gas when I make a left, it kicks in. Once I straighten out the
wheel - it may or may not stay on. And if it does stay on, it will run
for only a few minutes.

Old February 9th 05, 03:17 PM
Bob Shuman

My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that the OP is saying that the
blower really does not work most of the time at all, regardless of the fan
position switch. But, occasionally, when they turn left the fan will start
to blow at whatever speed the position switch is set, and then when the turn
is completed it does not work again.

My guess is a loose ground connection, or more possibly, an intermittent
connection in the blower feed or ground wiring. Seems that this could
easily be reproduced once you get access to the wiring and using a simple
DVM or continuity tester you should be able to narrow down to a defective
wiring segment or a loose connector.

I personally do not think this sounds like a defective blower resistor block
based on my understanding of the problem description.

Bob

Old February 10th 05, 05:57 AM
carnovice

Bob Shuman wrote:
> My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that the OP is saying that

the
> blower really does not work most of the time at all, regardless of

the fan
> position switch. But, occasionally, when they turn left the fan will

start
> to blow at whatever speed the position switch is set, and then when

the turn
> is completed it does not work again.

YES! YES! I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNDERSTOOD! I APLOGIZE IF MY THOUGHTS
DID NOT FLOW SMOOTHLY. Bob is correct in his restatement of my
problems. THANKS!

So, I suppose I'll need to take this to the dealer for an auotopsy?
Any home remedies out there?

Old February 10th 05, 05:58 AM
carnovice

Bob Shuman wrote:
> My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that the OP is saying that

the
> blower really does not work most of the time at all, regardless of

the fan
> position switch. But, occasionally, when they turn left the fan will

start
> to blow at whatever speed the position switch is set, and then when

the turn
> is completed it does not work again.

YES! YES! I HAVE FINALLY BEEN UNDERSTOOD! I APLOGIZE IF MY THOUGHTS
DID NOT FLOW SMOOTHLY. Bob is correct in his restatement of my
problems. THANKS!

So, I suppose I'll need to take this to the dealer for an autopsy? Any
home remedies out there?