Gone.

Old September 14th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Gone.

Circumstances require I sell my house and move to an assisted living
facility and in the process unload everything except my minivan so...
the 1992 Miata is gone to a wholesaler for way too little. <sigh>

I'll miss the help I received here, thanks to all who contributed.

And where else could I have learned that white Miatas are faster due to
better photon flow? <G>

Thanks, all, stay safe and enjoy the ride!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 15th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Robert Klemme

On 14.09.2017 22:37, XS11E wrote:

> And where else could I have learned that white Miatas are faster due to
> better photon flow? <G>

Dang! I should've known earlier.

All the best to you!

robert
Old September 16th 17, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:37:00 -0700, XS11E wrote:

> Circumstances require I sell my house and move to an assisted living
> facility and in the process unload everything except my minivan so...
> the 1992 Miata is gone to a wholesaler for way too little. <sigh>

Sorry to hear that.

> I'll miss the help I received here, thanks to all who contributed.
>
> And where else could I have learned that white Miatas are faster due to
> better photon flow? <G>

You cannot argue with science. Needless to say, my 2016, and now only,
Miata is Arctic White.

> Thanks, all, stay safe and enjoy the ride!

Best,
Leon
Old September 17th 17, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen > wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:37:00 -0700, XS11E wrote:
>
>> Circumstances require I sell my house and move to an assisted
>> living facility and in the process unload everything except my
>> minivan so... the 1992 Miata is gone to a wholesaler for way too
>> little. <sigh>

> Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, it's not all bad news, my house sold very quickly for full
price and that's why I had to wholesale the Miata, it had to be gone
before escrow closed.

I got my money's worth out of it in enjoyment when I was still able to
drive it and if I could still work a clutch I'd have kept it, I think.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 23rd 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:36:46 -0700, XS11E wrote:

> Leon van Dommelen > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:37:00 -0700, XS11E wrote:
>>
>>> Circumstances require I sell my house and move to an assisted living
>>> facility and in the process unload everything except my minivan so...
>>> the 1992 Miata is gone to a wholesaler for way too little. <sigh>

>> Sorry to hear that.

> Thanks, it's not all bad news, my house sold very quickly for full price
> and that's why I had to wholesale the Miata, it had to be gone before
> escrow closed.
>
> I got my money's worth out of it in enjoyment when I was still able to
> drive it and if I could still work a clutch I'd have kept it, I think.

I can say this as a fact: my Miatas were one of the high points of my
life. And in my case, still are.

Thanks, Mazda. (And MGB and Lotus too.)

Leon
Old September 23rd 17, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen > wrote:

> I can say this as a fact: my Miatas were one of the high points of
> my life. And in my case, still are.
>
> Thanks, Mazda. (And MGB and Lotus too.)

Ditto to Mazda, also Triumph TR3, Singer SM roadster and the little
cutie that won me the majority of my rally and gymkhana trophies,
Morris Minor 1000 convertible!

Somehow, a Buick Terraza minivan with a mobility lift in the back just
isn't as fun to drive but now it's my only car, it's the one that I
need. <SIGH> With handling almost as good as a 1947 Nash with bad
shocks, reliability almost as good as a Yugo and performance almost
equal to a Trabant, what's not to love? <G>

But it hauls me and my scooter so I love it... I guess.

The Usenet Improvement Project: