iRacing rip off

Old March 24th 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_2_]

Default iRacing rip off

"APLer" > wrote in message
> Well, we're smart enough to read a contract before we give out our credit
> card number. Something which seems beyond you.

Well, I never signed up for iRacing at all because I knew it was a rip off
price from the beginning so that makes me smarter than you chumps that did
subscribe.

Old March 24th 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_2_]

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message
> Now behave, there's a good little boy.

Never!!!

Old March 25th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Juarez" > wrote in
:

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> Well, we're smart enough to read a contract before we give out our
>> credit card number. Something which seems beyond you.

> Well, I never signed up for iRacing at all because I knew it was a rip
> off price from the beginning so that makes me smarter than you chumps
> that did subscribe.

Who said *I* did? I just know enough that when you sign/agree to a
contract with a monthly charge, you have to pay every month. Pretty
obvious isn't it?
Old March 25th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

That is my point! if you aren't into racing, maybe stay home and casually
watch it on tv... for "free" (unless the product you consume, sponsors the
TV, Race Body you're watching, or one of the teams...)

Old March 26th 09, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_2_]

"APLer" > wrote in message
> Who said *I* did? I just know enough that when you sign/agree to a
> contract with a monthly charge, you have to pay every month. Pretty
> obvious isn't it?

Come, come...we both know that is not what happened. The OP signed up for a
free month to check it out and instead of making it opt in they made it opt
out. They should have made that fact very clear in big bold letters on the
very front of the sign up page and not buried amongst the legalese in 2pt
type.

Old March 26th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> I just know enough that when you sign/agree to a contract with
> a monthly charge, you have to pay every month.

> Pretty obvious isn't it?

Not when it's only mentioned on line 54 of a long email under
the section titled "what you need" to run iRacing, which mentions
system requirements, internet access, controllers, before the
clause about the automatic renewal, which doesn't have anything
to do with what a player would need to run the iRacing demo.

Old March 26th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"jeffareid" > wrote in
:

>> I just know enough that when you sign/agree to a contract with
>> a monthly charge, you have to pay every month.

>> Pretty obvious isn't it?

> Not when it's only mentioned on line 54 of a long email under
> the section titled "what you need" to run iRacing, which mentions
> system requirements, internet access, controllers, before the
> clause about the automatic renewal, which doesn't have anything
> to do with what a player would need to run the iRacing demo.

A contract is a contract. If you don't read the bloody thing you're still
agreeing to what it says. Try that line with a lease sometime if you want
to see a judge fall off his seat laughing.

Old March 26th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Juarez" > wrote in
:

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> Who said *I* did? I just know enough that when you sign/agree to a
>> contract with a monthly charge, you have to pay every month. Pretty
>> obvious isn't it?

> Come, come...we both know that is not what happened. The OP signed up
> for a free month to check it out and instead of making it opt in they
> made it opt out. They should have made that fact very clear in big bold
> letters on the very front of the sign up page and not buried amongst the
> legalese in 2pt type.

He didn't cancel with iRacing, didn't cancel with the credit card company,
who *exactly* did he cancel with? Read the OP. Once.
Old March 28th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_2_]

"APLer" > wrote in message
> He didn't cancel with iRacing, didn't cancel with the credit card company,
> who *exactly* did he cancel with? Read the OP. Once.

I did and he didn't automatically opt in either. Well, he did but he didn't
know he did. That is what the issue is here so if you can't see what the
problem is then that is your own fault due to being a dumbass yank who sees
no wrong ever in the capitalist system.

Old March 28th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_2_]

"APLer" > wrote in message
> A contract is a contract. If you don't read the bloody thing you're still
> agreeing to what it says. Try that line with a lease sometime if you want
> to see a judge fall off his seat laughing.

He never singed anything so never agreed to anything. He never even agreed
to it verbally. You just don't get what is wrong with negative billing do
you? I'll tell you, vote for me as President in the next election and I will
make negative billing illegal.