Where is all the GTR2 Traffic?

Old September 26th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

Default Where is all the GTR2 Traffic?

In article > ,
says...

> I am looking forward to trying the NGTs in GTR2. For some reason I have
> never been a fan of the GTs, I prefer the 360s and 911s.
>
> Any feedback from those that have tried it so far?

They're quite nice and very controllable on the edge. You can catch one
if you get a little loose. I prefer the NGTs myself and I feel connected
to the car just as I did in GTL (I love driving the Alfa against the
Falcon and Mustang).

--
Cheers,
Rod.
Old September 26th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Blankenship[_1_]

"Larry" > wrote in message
> No ****. I did not know that!
>
> -Larry

Haven't tried the brake-first approach, but you can also edit the PLR file
centering values to do it - here are mine from the "controls" section of the
file (for a DFP).

Note the center values for X-axis (steering), Y-axis (throttle) and RZ-axis
(brake). With the pedal axis centers at 0.50, you only get response from
the second half of the travel from your pedals.

Axis [00, 00] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 X
Axis [00, 00] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 00] Center="0.50000" // 0.0=min, 0.5=center, 1.0=max (use to
correct centering or split-axis issues)
Axis [00, 01] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 Y
Axis [00, 01] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 01] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 02] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 Z
Axis [00, 02] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 02] Center="0.50000"
Axis [00, 03] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 RX
Axis [00, 03] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 03] Center="0.50000"
Axis [00, 04] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 RY
Axis [00, 04] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 04] Center="0.50000"
Axis [00, 05] Dead Zone="0.40000" // Controller 1 RZ
Axis [00, 05] Sensitivity="0.50000"
Axis [00, 05] Center="1.00000"

Cheers,

SB

Old September 26th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave F

Not true. I usually calibrate thegas first, and never have this problem.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 26th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala

"Dave F" > wrote in message
. ..
> Not true. I usually calibrate thegas first, and never have this problem.
>

> --
> David G Fisher

Well, I've had this problem with my MOMO Force since F1-2002, which was the
first ISI sim I tried. I wonder if it is controller-specific problem.

--
Mika Takala

Old September 26th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Thanks Steve, I'll take a look at that.

Am I the only one that thinks it's utterly ridiculous for a user to have to
deal with this? Especially when the logitech's are _specifically_ supported
by the game?

-Larry

. ..

Old September 27th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Thanks Steve, I'll take a look at that.
>
> Am I the only one that thinks it's utterly ridiculous for a user to have
> to deal with this? Especially when the logitech's are _specifically_
> supported by the game?
>
> -Larry

You'll have to remember that DFP is not officially supported on PC at all.
Momo Force is, so it should work, but just doesn't calibrate correctly in
F1-2002, F1C, rFactor, GTR or GTR2(demo), without editing the PLR file or
without calibrating the brake pedal first.

--
Mika Takala

Old September 27th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scott B. Husted

Mika Takala wrote:
> "Dave F" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Not true. I usually calibrate thegas first, and never have this problem.
>>

>>--
>>David G Fisher
>>

> Well, I've had this problem with my MOMO Force since F1-2002, which was the
> first ISI sim I tried. I wonder if it is controller-specific problem.

I use a Red MOMO Force and I have not had this problem either.

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.RacingHistorian.com
Old September 27th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette

"Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
> Mika Takala wrote:
> > "Dave F" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >
> >>Not true. I usually calibrate thegas first, and never have this problem.
> >>

> >>--
> >>David G Fisher
> >>

> > Well, I've had this problem with my MOMO Force since F1-2002, which was

the
> > first ISI sim I tried. I wonder if it is controller-specific problem.
> >

> I use a Red MOMO Force and I have not had this problem either.

Ditto here as well, I do not see that with my original red MOMO Force, and
F1Challenge 99-02

Don Burnette

Old September 27th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid

> Had some fun with the driving school, learning mostly that my DFP pedals suck for brake modulation (but I already knew
> that).

> only last half of travel.

Wouldn't you notice this in the controller setup menu? When moving the
controls, the colored bars indicate the sensitivity and range of the
different inputs.

Old September 27th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Blankenship[_1_]

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>> Had some fun with the driving school, learning mostly that my DFP pedals
>> suck for brake modulation (but I already knew that).

>> only last half of travel.

> Wouldn't you notice this in the controller setup menu? When moving the
> controls, the colored bars indicate the sensitivity and range of the
> different inputs.

Nope - as I recall it looks fine there even when it's not working right in
car. But the DFP pedals pretty much suck even when you're getting full
travel... ;-)

SB