HDTV gaming

Old December 1st 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave[_3_]

Default HDTV gaming

In article >, "Larry" > wrote:
>It has nothing to do with eyes. It has to do with brain wiring from what I
>understand.
>
>All you have to do is look at a DLP. You either have it, or you don't. You
>don't 'catch' it. You are born with it.

Even if you don't, there's always the Q of whether your SO, or
guests may. Guess it's up to one's own judgement.

Samsung is also now making an LED-based DLP. It uses 3 LED panels
instead of a lamp and color wheel. But the initial reviews haven't
been raves (well, at least CNET's). Maybe it just needs maturation?
Old December 1st 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Burn-in is now pretty much a non factor on most decent Plasma's and hasnt
been for more than 2 years. DLP owners will ALWAYS point to burn-in and
they are just perpetuating the DLP industry "company line". DLP was a cute
interim technology but anyone that has had to spend hundreds replacing guns
every couple of years knows the real deal behind DLP.

Samsung and Sony recently announced a mfg partnership which should present
us with 46" and 52" LCD's at a very low price in the very near future.

Right now the only REALISTIC choice is Plasma, PERIOD. (can you say 6hrs a
day for 27yrs?). That 50" Plasma Samsung is REALLY interesting for <$1500.

Mitch

Old December 1st 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

What Guns are in a DLP unit?

t...

Old December 1st 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave[_3_]

In article > , "Mitch_A" > wrote:

>Right now the only REALISTIC choice is Plasma, PERIOD. (can you say 6hrs a
>day for 27yrs?). That 50" Plasma Samsung is REALLY interesting for <$1500.

Sounds like a smokin deal, but I've never been a fan of Samsung
plasmas. They seem to me to be an LCD company (where they are
strong) that also makes everything else. But not do those too well.
But maybe they're better than they were when I looked at them a
couple years back. I'd go with the tried and true Panasonic 50" for
$2000 now.
Old December 1st 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
timmy thompson

You might still be able to buy CRT HDTV's. They are heavy and huge, but
the picture quality can be even better than LCD's for much less money.
Old December 2nd 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:09:44 GMT, timmy thompson wrote:

> You might still be able to buy CRT HDTV's. They are heavy and huge, but
> the picture quality can be even better than LCD's for much less money.

Yea, you can still buy them but the largest I have seen is only 32".
Old December 2nd 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I've never had a guest have an issue. It's a very rare thing, actually.

-Larry

Old December 2nd 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Yeah, I get a big freakin check from Texas Instruments every month. Sheesh,
Mitch. You come up with the craziest **** sometimes.

And I see burn-in on Plasma's in stores all the time.

-Larry

t...

Old December 2nd 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Oh, and there are NO guns in DLP's. It's light reflected off a mirror
through a color wheel.

Only the old CRT based rear-projections use 'guns'.

-Larry

t...

Old December 2nd 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

The Sony 40", if it's even still sold, is 350 pounds. Bring a crane

-Larry

"timmy thompson" > wrote in message
.. .
> You might still be able to buy CRT HDTV's. They are heavy and huge, but
> the picture quality can be even better than LCD's for much less money.

THIS IS SO REAL PEOPLE! NEED MONEY FOR MY GAMING ADDICTION! Marcus Chrysler 0 October 17th 06 11:04 PM
MHO GAMING Gary Kendall Simulators 2 May 9th 06 05:22 AM
Larger screen gaming?? Destroy Simulators 21 June 3rd 05 11:26 PM
Heat Issues while gaming Dave Henrie Simulators 8 November 12th 04 03:24 PM
Personal Motion Bases for Flight or Gaming Simulation WillyB4120 Simulators 0 October 22nd 04 04:53 AM