5W20 Oil

Old January 3rd 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 5W20 Oil

Does anyone sell 5W20 Oil in gallon or 5-quart jugs? I've only been able to
find it in quart bottles.

Old January 3rd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Mass-market brands of 5W20 available in larger jugs include Motorcraft
(http://www.motorcraft.com/products.do?item=15) and I think
Exxon Superflo
(http://www.exxon.com/USA-English/Fil...l%20rebate.pdf).
There are doubtless others.

Many of not most brands can be bought in 5 gallon buckets from oil
jobbers, but then you have to either pump it up or risk a major
backache and/or a re-enactment of the Torrey Canyon disaster in your
own street gutter by lifting it.

Whether any given outpost of any particular retailer devotes shelf
space to the larger sizes is another question, of course. They might be
willing to special order them for you, or perhaps you could do that
through their website, especially if you want a case rather than just
one jug.

Truck stops, for obvious reasons, also carry oil by the keg, but their
selection runs more toward what diesels need, and that probably
overlaps with you only if you want to run a 5W40 synthetic.

--Joe

Old January 4th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Walmart sells some oil in 5 quart jugs. Don't know about 5W20.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
Old January 5th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Motorcraft 5W20 can be had at walmart in 5qt or gallon bottles. Not sure
which, but I know for a fact I saw it there.

Old January 5th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

heya wilber, i manage a quick-lube center in my area and we have 5w20
motor oil in bulk tanks now that practically every new ford requires
that particular weight on their new vehicle warranties. also, honda has
made a move to 5w20 motor oils so.......maybe there is a quick-lube or
speedy lube or equivelant in your area that would sell the oil to you
in whatever quanity you might want...just a thought.