I-15 was closed through the Cajon Pass due to wildfire; set to reopen in about 15 minutes

Old September 3rd 11, 02:46 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Steve Sobol

Default I-15 was closed through the Cajon Pass due to wildfire; set to reopen in about 15 minutes

The Hill fire has burned 500 acres. It started right at the I-15/CA-138
interchange and closed both sides of I-15 for a while. Northbound lanes
have been open, but I-15 traffic to Vegas is very slow. Southbound lanes
are set to open at 7pm (15 minutes from now), according to Caltrans.

Even if you're not one of my Facebook friends, you should be able to see
this photo, taken from my driveway, as long as you're logged in to
Facebook.

That's not a cloud deck above the house across the street. It's SMOKE,
and keep in mind, I live 20 miles northeast of the fire.

http://on.fb.me/nNYju8

For updates, check TV news if you're in Los Angeles, or listen to KNX
1070 on the air, or online at knx1070.com, cbsLA.com or radio.com.

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/WebDev/IT Support

Old September 3rd 11, 02:54 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Steve Sobol

In article >, Steve Sobol
says...

> For updates, check TV news if you're in Los Angeles, or listen to KNX
> 1070 on the air, or online at knx1070.com, cbsLA.com or radio.com.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-fire-burning-
near-i-15-in-san-bernardino-county/

Shortened URL: http://cbsloc.al/oA8rNG

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/WebDev/IT Support

Old September 7th 11, 01:32 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
jgar the jorrible

On Sep 2, 6:54*pm, Steve Sobol > wrote:
> In article >, Steve Sobol
> says...
>
> > For updates, check TV news if you're in Los Angeles, or listen to KNX
> > 1070 on the air, or online at knx1070.com, cbsLA.com or radio.com.

> http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-fire-burning-
> near-i-15-in-san-bernardino-county/
>
> Shortened URL:http://cbsloc.al/oA8rNG
>
> --
> Steve Sobol - Programming/WebDev/IT Support

I saw a clip on TV that said one lane was closed because it was
covered in fire retardant. How do they clean that stuff up?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...6/original.png
Old September 7th 11, 05:19 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Steve Sobol

In article <8eca9319-64f3-4050-a1ac-f188afbefbc2
@r17g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, jgar the jorrible says...

> I saw a clip on TV that said one lane was closed because it was
> covered in fire retardant. How do they clean that stuff up?

Damned if I know. But one of the most popular video clips on the local
news was of a car traveling (I think) north on I-15 that was covered in
fire retardant. You're in Orange County; you probably saw it.

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/WebDev/IT Support