If corporations are people?

Old November 1st 11, 12:48 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Sancho Panza[_1_]

Default If corporations are people?

On 10/30/2011 10:32 PM, US 71 wrote:
> "Sancho > wrote in message
>> On 10/30/2011 10:09 PM, US 71 wrote:
>>> Of course he has no facts. Republicans don't believe in facts: only lies,
>>> bull**** and rhetoric
>>>

>> Another expert whose limited capacity extends only to wild-eyed presumptions
>> and who is unable to deal with a single point in the discussion. No surprise
>> there, either!

> I don't see any evidence, bupkis. Only your bull****.
>
> Thanks for proving me correct.

Here is the kind of hypocritical scum your hero is:

Barney Frank’s Racist Legacy

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On September 20, 2011 @ 12:53 am In Daily
Mailer,FrontPage | 35 Comments

While the worst financial crisis in the United States since the Great
Depression was burning through businesses, jobs and credit like a forest
fire, decimating the economy and leaving uncertainty in its wake—Barney
Frank was looking around for oil to toss on the flames.

On September 16, 2009, the United States House Committee on Financial
Services met to discuss the Community Reinvestment Modernization Act of
2009. Underneath that progressive name was the formula to take the
entire subprime mortgage crisis and multiply it across as many financial
institutions as possible.

Presiding over those hearings was Barney Frank, the congressman who had
done so much to bring about the crisis while suppressing the reforms
that might have headed it off—and CRMA 2009 displayed the same grandiose
level of irresponsibility that had taken down the economy and it was
backed by the same poverty pimps who had caused the disaster.

The original Community Reinvestment Act had been passed in the name of
racial justice and that was the slogan under which proponents hoped to
ram through its lunatic grandchild, the CRMA. But no one had suffered as
much from the effects of the CRA and was as endangered by the CRMA as
the people whom it was supposed to help.

The subprime mortgage crisis was a trillion dollar Ponzi scheme built on
the backs of taxpayers with minorities as its catspaws. Mortgages were
issued to unqualified lenders by government mandate at terrible terms,
which were then transformed into Mortgage Backed Securities and
Collateral Debt Obligations.

The Clinton Administration had turned Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into
factories for low income mortgages, purchased as securities with
government subsidies. The year before the bubble burst, subprime
mortgages made up over a third of CDO’s and 60 percent of subprime
mortgages were being issued to African-Americans.

Organizations like ACORN agitated for more government intervention in
the mortgage market, supposedly to make home ownership more affordable,
while actually serving the interests of the predatory left-wing lenders
who were making the loans, like the Sandlers.

The Sandlers invested millions into ACORN and made billions from
adjustable rate mortgages in a government backed wealth transfer that
was a masterpiece of crony capitalism as left-wing billionaires scored
big, while the taxpayers and minority homeowners were left holding the bag.

No one had more responsibility to address the situation and no one did
more to prevent anyone from noticing what was about to happen than
Barney Frank who kept the lies going, while the Sandlers kept wheeling
and dealing. And even once the crisis had arrived, his only solution was
to toss more money into the pile.

The entire Ponzi scheme had been run on the pretense of helping minority
homeowners, with the result that the median African-American household
lost half its net worth in five years.

The progressives had convinced African-Americans to put their money into
home ownership, they had regulated and subsidized the banks to make it
as easy and pain free as possible, and defrauded them twice over,
winning their political support with easy mortgages that got them to
sink most of their net worth into home ownership.

When African-American net worth was invested four fifths into home
equity, the rug was pulled out from under them. The results were
devastating to those who could pay their mortgages and those who
couldn’t. Subprime mortgages had been heavily marketed even to well-off
minorities who didn’t need them. As home values fell, those who had the
most at stake also had the most to lose.

African-American subprime losses may reach as high as a 100 billion, and
as many as one in ten may be facing foreclosure. This is having a
devastating effect on their already shaky position in the middle-class…
and that is the perversely brilliant part of this scheme.

Not only did the left shamelessly loot the system by dressing up their
crony capitalism as social justice, but they also profited from ripping
off the very minority borrowers on whose behalf they were gouging
taxpayers and banks—with the end result that the minorities who are
their voting base are kept out of the middle-class and remain a reliable
plantation vote with no hope for anything but government benefits.

Think of a con artist who uses his mark to rip off five other strangers,
then rips off his mark, and tosses him a penny, to keep him on the leash
for the next round of cons. This is what the left’s crony capitalism
venture did. This is what Barney Frank was covering up for when he
insisted; “I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness
… I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards
subsidized housing.”

Barney Frank and friends weren’t rolling the dice for subsidized housing
over safety because they genuinely cared about minorities– but because
they cared about all the money flowing through the subsidized housing
Ponzi scheme. And if that isn’t the crime of the century, that’s only
because the century is still new.

The poverty pimps still weren’t done. Foreclosures had a ripple effect
in minority neighborhoods as abandoned houses destroyed the property
values of neighboring homes and turned back the clock on entire
neighborhoods which had been moving forward. A slow African-American
exodus began from northern blue states to southern red states as another
layer of the scheme unrolled.

And there in the eye of the storm, Barney Frank, the Chairman of the
House Committee on Financial Services, sat overseeing a three ring
circus promoting the Community Reinvestment Modernization Act. The CRA
had helped take down the economy and CRMA would extend the CRA’s
provisions mandating low income lending by banks to every financial
institution in America.

Frank who had bullied and covered up for the unholy marriage of banks,
government and ACORN as long as he could– now wanted to extend the
troika everywhere to consolidate the destruction of the African-American
middle class for the benefit of the professional left. The subprime
mortgage crisis was the new slavery and its end result is an
African-American electorate more enslaved to the Democratic Party than
ever before.

Old November 1st 11, 12:49 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Sancho Panza[_1_]

On 10/30/2011 8:21 PM, US 71 wrote:
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...55L39120090622
>
> Note that it says nothing about making loans to people who can't afford them
> (though Tea Baggers everywhere will lie (again) )

The echo chamber reverberates.

Old November 1st 11, 02:13 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Oct 31, 8:23*pm, H.B. Elkins >
wrote:
> In article >, Beef Supreme says...
>
> >And the fact is that a corporation is a person? *You really believe that?
> >That's as childish as believing in the tooth fairy.

> That's a wild leap.
>
> Readhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Comm....
>
> "Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 08-205 (2010), was a
> landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court holding that the First
> Amendment prohibits government from censoring political broadcasts in candidate
> elections when those broadcasts are funded by corporations or unions."
>
> The First Amendment doesn't bestow rights; instead, it limits the ability of the
> government to restrict or limit rights.

But corporations are created by the government.
Old November 1st 11, 02:55 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
US 71

"Beef Supreme" > wrote in message

> And the fact is that a corporation is a person? You really believe that?
> That's as childish as believing in the tooth fairy.

Don't waste your time. He has his mind made up, don't confuse him with
FACTS... he'll just throw more elephant ****.

Old November 1st 11, 12:35 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, US 71 says...

>"Beef Supreme" > wrote in message
>>

>> And the fact is that a corporation is a person? You really believe that?
>> That's as childish as believing in the tooth fairy.
>>

>Don't waste your time. He has his mind made up, don't confuse him with
>FACTS... he'll just throw more elephant ****.

You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face. I really want to like
you, and I"m sorry you had your recent hospitalization, but you are so wrong on
so many things it's pathetic.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
Old November 2nd 11, 01:09 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, US 71 says...

>Don't waste your time. He has his mind made up, don't confuse him with
>FACTS... he'll just throw more elephant ****.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just
that they know so much that isn't so."
--Ronald Reagan

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
Old November 2nd 11, 03:59 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Steve Sobol

In article >, H.B. Elkins says...

> In article >, US 71 says...
>
> >Don't waste your time. He has his mind made up, don't confuse him with
> >FACTS... he'll just throw more elephant ****.

> "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just
> that they know so much that isn't so."
> --Ronald Reagan

Having seen some of the stuff you post on Facebook, I've observed that
you don't always rely on facts either. Sometimes, you prefer ad
hominems.

Personally, I have problems with both groups. I consider myself liberal,
but just slighty-left-of-center liberal. It sucks. No one wants to
pander to me.

--
Steve Sobol - Programming/WebDev/IT Support

Old November 2nd 11, 04:04 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Beef Supreme

"H.B. Elkins" > wrote in message
> In article >, US 71 says...
>
>>Don't waste your time. He has his mind made up, don't confuse him with
>>FACTS... he'll just throw more elephant ****.

> "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's
> just
> that they know so much that isn't so."
> --Ronald Reagan

"I sold arms to the enemy" - Ronald Reagan

Old November 2nd 11, 01:56 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, Steve Sobol says...

>Having seen some of the stuff you post on Facebook, I've observed that
>you don't always rely on facts either.

Cite?

>Sometimes, you prefer ad
>hominems.

Only as a responsive measure when some idiot unleashes one on me. ;-)

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
Old November 2nd 11, 02:41 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Nov 1, 8:33*am, H.B. Elkins >
wrote:
> What seems to be missing from many of these discussions is the role ACORN played
> in putting pressure on banks to make the bad loans. After all, what bank wants
> to have a bunch of minorities picketing it, claiming it employs racist business
> practices?

Bankers do not worry about being picketed by ragtag activists.

I dare say the Koch Bros. and other similar campaign contributors have
a far greater influence than the ragtag collection of 'activists' in
acorn.

This was in today's Phila Inqr about a banker making predatory loans:

'Predatory' lender ordered to pay up
The Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission ordered Thomas Richter,
the owner of a Bala Cynwyd lender that specialized in financing
taverns, to pay $668,951 to seven borrowers "for damages, humiliation
and suffering caused by illegal predatory lending," plus $10,000 in
civil penalties to the state. The order was dated Oct. 24, but Richter
said Tuesday that he had not seen the order and was "totally shocked"
to hear about it. The commission said that Richter, owner of Girard
Finance, made predatory loans, predominantly to African Americans. The
term of the loans included high interest rates, prepayment penalties,
high up-front fees, and high late fees.