Baja bug pix

Old May 11th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Baja bug pix

Here's the latest pix of my 66 Baja.

The first pix after the masking was remove after the paint job.
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/Bug3.jpg

The Bug and the fat man.
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/Bug4.jpg

I used to call it Frankenstein as it was build from other dead Bugs but
after the paint job I'm thinking maybe a new name is in order. A cute
redhead I know called it the Commando Bug but I'm holding out on the
name for awhile.

Tony
Old May 12th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

You should put Marines just over the doors and build a fake M-60 to put on
top, just to freak everyone out and call it Rat Pack.

Old May 12th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

The antique airplane guys have fake Lewis guns that run on propane. I
think it would be funny but I don't think I could convince the Oregon
state police that its humorous.

BTW, I loved the pic you sent me of your custom rear break light. I
bought 70 super bright LEDs that I was going to use on one of my bikes
but I'm thinking about drilling holes in the engine cowl and putting a
row of tail lights on either side and another row in the center for a
brake light.

Tony

Old May 12th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Anthony W schreef:

> The Bug and the fat man.
> http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/Bug4.jpg

It's Santa Shaggy!

Old May 12th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

PS: nice Baja btw!

Old May 14th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Nice Bikes - I love the Retro Look !!

I had a Z400 and a KZ750 Twin - I own a Zephyr 1100 at the moment.

Isn't that Larry off of discovery channel !!

Nice Baha BTW

Rich

Old May 14th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

You need to refresh the page, I took the Indian Larry memorial down last
August. I figured a year was long enough...

I'm not so crazy about the look of new bikes. Everything is either a
race bike or a chopper. What ever happened to regular motorcycles? And
when one shows up, it's retro. I must be too old, I just don't get it.

The Baja looks good but it's giving me fits right now. At first there
wasn't enough oil pressure (20 on the road and 4 or 4 psi at idle) now
it's blowing oil filter seals. The spring in the front relief valve was
spongy as hell and the only replacement I could find was so stiff, I had
a tough time getting the cap back in. I pegged and damaged the 100psi
oil pressure gage when the engine was barely ticking over and then
popped the seal on the oil filter at the slightest throttle blip. I had
the filter tight too... Anyway I'm going to replace the damaged oil
pressure gage tomorrow and if I can't find new stock springs, I'm going
to try cutting down the after-market ones.

Tony

Old May 15th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Anthony W" > wrote in message
> You need to refresh the page, I took the Indian Larry memorial down last
> August. I figured a year was long enough...
>
> I'm not so crazy about the look of new bikes. Everything is either a race
> bike or a chopper. What ever happened to regular motorcycles? And when
> one shows up, it's retro. I must be too old, I just don't get it.
>
> The Baja looks good but it's giving me fits right now. At first there
> wasn't enough oil pressure (20 on the road and 4 or 4 psi at idle) now
> it's blowing oil filter seals. The spring in the front relief valve was
> spongy as hell and the only replacement I could find was so stiff, I had a
> tough time getting the cap back in. I pegged and damaged the 100psi oil
> pressure gage when the engine was barely ticking over and then popped the
> seal on the oil filter at the slightest throttle blip. I had the filter
> tight too... Anyway I'm going to replace the damaged oil pressure gage
> tomorrow and if I can't find new stock springs, I'm going to try cutting
> down the after-market ones.
>
> Tony

Tony, i have several stock engines in various stages of "torn all to ****"
in my basement...if you need stock springs and plungers, you can shoot me an
email (bugninva AT aol DOT com) and i will send you a set....what size is
your oil pump? anything larger than a stock pump can cause excessive
pressure.

Old May 15th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I'm going to try and track down a set here in Portland tomorrow. If I
can't, I'll shoot you and eMail. After all this, I'm antsy to get it on
the road.

Prior to the rebuild I had a Melling pump in it with the stock springs
and that's probably why the stock springs are trashed. Now with a stock
pump and springs I only get 4 or 5 PSI at an idle at full operating
temp. Using the after-market springs are like locking the relief valves
closed.

Tony