Where in the world do you mount...

Old March 27th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default Where in the world do you mount...

Kate wrote:
> "Mike Romain" > wrote
> *snip*
> Actually I don't think I have ever seen a handheld last a trip....
>
> Mike
>

> There were several on our last run....
> Seem kind of handy to start with. Afterwards I could get a base mount and
> use the handheld for a loaner or if one of us needs to get out and spot.
>
> K.

Having a powered docking station for one would be best. I would shop
for a brand that had the exterior antenna and power in a docking station
so I could do both with it.

Mike
Old March 28th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
g.com...
Kate wrote:
> "Mike Romain" > wrote
> *snip*
> Actually I don't think I have ever seen a handheld last a trip....
>
> Mike
>

> There were several on our last run....
> Seem kind of handy to start with. Afterwards I could get a base mount and
> use the handheld for a loaner or if one of us needs to get out and spot.
>
> K.

Having a powered docking station for one would be best. I would shop
for a brand that had the exterior antenna and power in a docking station
so I could do both with it.

Mike

Thanks Mike, good suggestions.!

Old March 28th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Thanks Jenn...
I'd love to see a photo of your setup.

Kate

"jbjeep" > wrote in message
Kate,
I have mine mounted low on the dash in front of the "ashtray" or whatever
they call
it now. Granted I use small CB's to fit there - Unidens and such. We
modified the
standard mount so that the radio fits tight up against the dash (you just
have to
drill two holes in the mount) and it does NOT interfere with the shifter.
-jenn

Old March 31st 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

I will try to get one tomorrow if I get home before dark.
-jenn

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:01:57 -0500, "Kate" > wrote:

>>Thanks Jenn...
>>I'd love to see a photo of your setup.
>>
>>Kate

. ..