40A fuse - where to get besides Chrysler/Jeep?

Old April 12th 05, 12:18 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

Thing is, the OP bought a new vehicle. He should go to the dealership and
have them fix it...

Old April 12th 05, 12:37 AM
B a r r y

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:
> Thing is, the OP bought a new vehicle. He should go to the dealership and
> have them fix it...

ABSOLUTELY! I never wrote that we shouldn't.

But what does that have to do with the legalities of selling a vehicle
with defective lighting?

If I had to buy fuses to replace missing parts, on a day the dealership
was closed on a brand new vehicle, I'd be back at the dealership the
next day. I would expect reimbursement for both the parts and my time,
at dealership retail rates! <G>

Barry
Old April 12th 05, 01:52 AM
Scott Nagle

Thanks to everyone for their input... I did find the fuse 40A after all -
just didn't seem to see it at AutoZone - had to swap out my HVAC for head
lights on my drive home Sunday night though... Guess they're not as rare as
I thought as I found the same fuse under the hood of an '04 Crown Vic... All
is good now and learned to do a double check next time before leaving the
dealership...

Thanks again!
Scott

Old April 12th 05, 02:29 AM
B a r r y

Scott Nagle wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for their input... I did find the fuse 40A after all -
> just didn't seem to see it at AutoZone - had to swap out my HVAC for head
> lights on my drive home Sunday night though... Guess they're not as rare as
> I thought as I found the same fuse under the hood of an '04 Crown Vic... All
> is good now and learned to do a double check next time before leaving the
> dealership...
>
> Thanks again!
> Scott

Go collect something from the dealership in exchange for you correcting
an obvious prep error on their part. Keep in mind the time of effort it
took you to track down and locate the fuse. Check their labor rate.

There is no way this vehicle should have gotten by both the prep person
and the delivering salesperson.

Oil changes... floor mats... What do you need? <G>

FWIW, I had a Jeep salesman check off "rear washer" and "rear defroster"
as OK on the pre-delivery checklist, even though switches were never
installed! Boy, was he embarrased! My '99 Wrangler had arrived with
dual tops, except the hard top was missing the tint, rear wiper, and
defogger (a $350 option at the time), and I refused to accept delivery
until the Jeep was right, and left with my check. Since they swapped
another vehicle in the next day in order to get me the right top, mine
didn't get the switches until I also pointed out that omission to the
salesman.

It's amazing how fast dealers can move when you keep the check rather
than accepting an "I Owe" slip! The same tactic lit a fire under a
Subaru dealer's ass when they told me my Outback's subwoofer and door
tweeters would arrive in 4-6 weeks. 4-6 weeks amazingly turned into 16
hours with the check still in MY pants! <G>

I never accept a new vehicle until we go one-by-one through each feature
and option, and go for a test drive. My deliveries typically take 60-90
minutes, plus paperwork. I tell the salesperson that I plan to do this
stuff when we schedule the delivery appointment. It wouldn't be fair
not to. When I bought my '05 Tacoma, the salesman actually paid
attention, did his homework, and delivered a perfect truck. All
involved walked or drove away with a smile!

Try it next time you pick up a car, you'll go home with a perfect car,
or else you'll still have your check. <G>

Glad to hear you're good now!

Barry
Old April 13th 05, 12:05 PM
Jo Bo

"B a r r y" > wrote in message
. ..

> Go collect something from the dealership in exchange for you correcting an
> obvious prep error on their part. Keep in mind the time of effort it took
> you to track down and locate the fuse. Check their labor rate.
>
> There is no way this vehicle should have gotten by both the prep person
> and the delivering salesperson.
>
> Oil changes... floor mats... What do you need? <G>
>
> It's amazing how fast dealers can move when you keep the check rather than
> accepting an "I Owe" slip! The same tactic lit a fire under a Subaru
> dealer's ass when they told me my Outback's subwoofer and door tweeters
> would arrive in 4-6 weeks. 4-6 weeks amazingly turned into 16 hours with
> the check still in MY pants! <G>
>
> I never accept a new vehicle until we go one-by-one through each feature
> and option, and go for a test drive. My deliveries typically take 60-90
> minutes, plus paperwork. I tell the salesperson that I plan to do this
> stuff when we schedule the delivery appointment. It wouldn't be fair not
> to. When I bought my '05 Tacoma, the salesman actually paid attention,
> did his homework, and delivered a perfect truck. All involved walked or
> drove away with a smile!
>
> Barry

Barry
I've found that import dealers, NOT THE MEGA MALLS, almost require that you
go through the entire car feature by feature and schedule the time for it.
Also a real mechanic does the prep and not a tech school student. I got my
last jetta at a mega mall and you should see how they put on the front
license plate bracket! I fixed mine and brought it to their attention and
after getting over the "that's how it's supposed to be" thing they looked
and were amazed. It never went there after I picked it up. Only reason I got
it there was it's a tdi diesel and the better dealers never had any to sell.

JoBo

Old April 17th 05, 02:32 AM
JD Adams

Ahhh, the infamous 'off draw fuse'. Sounds like the service-droid wasn't
smart enough to determine which one it actually was. I'd keep this in mind
when you need warranty service.

Congrats on your '05 SE. I just bought an '05 Unl. and I love it too. And of
course, today a backward-hat moron in an old Ford Explorer flew past me at 90
mph. on the freeway, then slung a rock into my windshield when he flipped back
in front of me.