[OT] Burger!

Old September 4th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default [OT] Burger!

Kate wrote:
> Well dang it!
> You could always come up and ride the bunny trails and drink beers
> around the campfire with us if you like.
> We're going to have a pretty ummmm... fun, yea that's the word, crowd
> this weekend.
>
> If you have second thoughts and decide you'd like to get away
> this is my Jeep
> http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/P8210008.jpg
>
> and this is what our campsite usually looks like
> Big brown house sized tent.
> http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/P8220016.jpg
>
> We'd be happy to buy you a cold one

It's hard to pass up a cold beer.

If they don't have me going some place that weekend
I'll seriously think about going even if it's just
for a day to say howdy.

for email, just send to postmaster@ the website in my sig.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old September 4th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

DougW wrote:
> Lon wrote:
>
>> Oh, Italian pizza, well, lets just be charitable and mention either
>> New York or Chicago and move on.

> Italian pizza is good, but only if you get it up around Aviano AB.
> Seems the further you go south, the worse the gelato, espresso, and
> pizza gets. You also want to stay away from any place with
> "Restaraunte" in the name, aim for something with "trattoria" or "bar"
> much better eats for a hell of a lot less. Sure the table might be
> plastic and a bit wobbly, but your not there to eat the table.

Most of my Italian eating ranged from about Aosta, Ivrea, Pavonne,
Toino, Milano area.

Much truly delicious food to be had, but the typical hole in the wall
pizza joint in NYC or Chicago area could beat any pizza I ever found
there even with local guides. Not that most of the locals ate pizza
anyway.
Old September 4th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Lon wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>> Lon wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, Italian pizza, well, lets just be charitable and mention either
>>> New York or Chicago and move on.

>> Italian pizza is good, but only if you get it up around Aviano AB.
>> Seems the further you go south, the worse the gelato, espresso, and
>> pizza gets. You also want to stay away from any place with
>> "Restaraunte" in the name, aim for something with "trattoria" or
>> "bar" much better eats for a hell of a lot less. Sure the table
>> might be plastic and a bit wobbly, but your not there to eat the
>> table.

> Most of my Italian eating ranged from about Aosta, Ivrea, Pavonne,
> Toino, Milano area.
>
> Much truly delicious food to be had, but the typical hole in the wall
> pizza joint in NYC or Chicago area could beat any pizza I ever found
> there even with local guides. Not that most of the locals ate pizza
> anyway.

Yea, it depends on the pizza you are after. I rather like the thin
crust pizza with Peperoncino and a type of ham Peperochini? that was
very _very_ spicy. But honestly I always asked the waiter what was
the most popular dish or the house special and went with that.

The locals seemed to stick to seafood pasta and Prosciutto and they
love their grappa. Personally I don't care much for grappa.

For pizza here it used to be Joe's Garage at Woodfield mall in Schamburg
Illinois. That pizza was about 2in thick and mostly cheese. I could
only eat one slice before my arteries started to shut down!

--
DougW

Old September 7th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

Default Burger!

On Aug 31, 6:42*pm, "DougW" >
wrote:
> Kate wrote:
> > October 10,

> > here's a link

> >http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/ph...p?f=41&t=62808
> > and another:
> >http://rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb3...p?f=41&t=62606

> That's a bit much for the ZJ. *I don't want to put a rocker
> panel and door on it again.. Tree saved me from the rock.
>
> > Oh and - *I LOVE a good burger. Burgers are one of my favorite foods!
> > Right up there with king crab.
> > Where's that burger place?

> North of San Antonio. *http://www.brackenstore.com/location.asp
>
> Oddly, I don't take too many photos of my trips. :/ *Got to figure
> out a mount for the camera. *Most of my stuff is up "semi improved"
> access roads, up to mountain top radio sites. *Great scenery but
> not where you would want to take yer hands off the whee. :O
>
> --
> DougW

Hey Doug,

I ordered Ram Mount for my GPS (garmin 60csx) and a different one for
my video camera. They both use a suction cup with a turn knob to make
it not fail even if you are wheelin in a valley full of 2 and 3 foot
boulders. Wash board roads, no issues. They are fantastic.
Old September 7th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

ULB wrote:

> Hey Doug,
>
> I ordered Ram Mount for my GPS (garmin 60csx) and a different one for
> my video camera. They both use a suction cup with a turn knob to make
> it not fail even if you are wheelin in a valley full of 2 and 3 foot
> boulders. Wash board roads, no issues. They are fantastic.

I'll take a look, thanks.
The camcorder I have (old hi-8) is a bit too heavy for suctioncup mounts.
But my SD1000 camera takes "ok" movies and it's light enough that just
might work.

--
DougW