Dual Top Option

Old March 31st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Dual Top Option

Tom...
Honey...

Someone has to get you boys started on the spring thaw.

"mabar" > wrote in message
: Sheeze Kate! First you talk about "topless" now you are talking about
: "bikinis."
:
: I can't take much more of this.
:
: Tom
:
: "Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
: ...
: > LOL Frank - it comes with an instructional video these days!
: > Damn spiffy!
: >
: > But because of it's newness it is stiff and not worn in yet.
: > It'll get there eventually. Soon it will be time for a bikini anyway.
: >
:
:

Old March 31st 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well, hubs is a bald headed feller, it might be on a bit more than that so
the glare off his noggin doesn't blind me or other motorists LOL

I definitely have been looking for a strapless one though.

"billy ray" > wrote in message
: Will the bikini top only be worn in bad weather?
:
: "mabar" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Sheeze Kate! First you talk about "topless" now you are talking about
: > "bikinis."
: >
: > I can't take much more of this.
: >
: > Tom
: >
: > "Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
: > ...
: >> LOL Frank - it comes with an instructional video these days!
: >> Damn spiffy!
: >>

Old March 31st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That's good to hear.
Here in TN, they salt if it even threatens to get a little icy.

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
:
: "Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
: ...
: ---snippy--->
: > Oh and Earle....
: > It's not RUST - it's War Paint... sheesh. I thought you knew about these
: > things.
: >
: >
: Thanks for the heads-up, but the YJ's body panels are galvanized. It is
: twelve years old and has very little War Paint, except for the cheapo
steel
: painted "argent" wheels.
:
: Earle
:
:
:
: *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
: *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Old March 31st 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

So...
Once it breaks in, it will be as easy as it looks like it should be?

I got the sunrunner top, didn't realize it but it looks like an interesting
option.
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, weather permitting.

"twaldron" > wrote in message
. ..
:I hear what you're saying, Mike..but as the previous owner of 2 CJ7s,
: one YJ and two TJs....I LOVE my TJ soft top and would never want to
: revert back to the old CJ7 factory tops. I just plan 30 seconds ahead of
: you CJers. These new tops are pert near a hard top in quality...for
: those rare occasions when you need a top.
:
: tw
: __________________________________________________ ___________________
: 2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
:
: "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."
:
: Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940
:
: Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
: A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
: capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
: __________________________________________________ ___________________
:
: Mike Romain wrote:
: > I have to laugh at the 'new' tops.
: >
: > When that thunderhead pops over the ridge and all he!! breaks loose, I
: > am sitting nice and dry in my CJ7 with it's snap down top long before
: > the poor soaking person in their TJ even has the frame up for the
: > windows. Then they have to still fight those zippers to put them in....
: >
: > There is such a thing as 'too much' engineering..... Those design fools
: > need to actually work on what they 'create'....
: >
: > Mike
: > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
: > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
: > Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
: > Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2115147590
: > (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
: >
: > Kate wrote:
: >
: >>Several of you ask "Did you get the dual top option?"
: >>
: >>You guys were laughing your M-Fing ASSES OFF!
: >>
: >>We just finished wrestling the soft top on.
: >>
: >>Sonofafeathepluckingboingdyboingdybeeach!
: >>
: >>Damn, I'll be glad when this thing stretches out, it's tighter than a
duck's
: >>butt.

Old March 31st 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It's so tight -(drumroll please
It's waterproof!

BadaBump!

LOL

Kate

"jbjeep" > wrote in message
: And just how tight IS a ducks butt????
:
:
:
: On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:18:26 -0600, "Kate" (please
:

Old March 31st 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"mabar" > wrote in message
: Kate:
:
: The first time installation is the worst. The fabric is new and tight, and
: it really is a job the first time. It gets much easier from here on out.
It
: also helps if you fold or install the top on a warm day in the sun. The
: fabric is MUCH easier to work with on a warm, sunny day.
:
: Tom

Kinda like losing your virginity aye?
The first time is always the hardest.

The top is the same as a tonneau I used to have for the Cobra. I understand
the whole cold / hot thing.
It was about 50 degrees this morning and I knew it was gonna be a battle but
I still had to yap about it a little.
Just not sure if it was braggin' or complainin' ;¬)

Old March 31st 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

There actually is a power softop kit for the Wrangler. It's hideous. I did a
quick google but too tired to look.

Old March 31st 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
: There actually is a power softop kit for the Wrangler. It's hideous. I did
: quick google but too tired to look.
:

I hear ya. It's only 9:30 here and I am gonna go make nice with a pillow.

Oh, and I really don't think I want one. What a mess it would be.
I'm cool with what it has. It will break in and then all will be well.

G'nite!

Old March 31st 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I was running around in the rain topless for a while tonight! Felt sooooo
gooooodddd!

And hey, Jerry, its almost as much fun as wet silk. = )

Old March 31st 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

ROTFL!
Thanks I needed a good laugh tonight.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:30:03 -0600, "Kate" (please ask)> wrote:

>>It's so tight -(drumroll please
>>It's waterproof!
>>
>>BadaBump!
>>
>>LOL