=> 100-MPH Police Chase Ends In ...

Old December 6th 07, 09:39 AM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,uk.legal
Eeyore

Default => 100-MPH Police Chase Ends In ...

"_ Prof. Jonez _" wrote:

> PHOENIX -- A bank robbery suspect being chased by officers through several
> Phoenix-area suburbs crashed into an oncoming car, killing at least two people.

I am forever astonished that American police continue with high speed pursuits in
situations where innocent bystanders will be subjected to serious risk.

In Britain it's highly likely that the car would have been shadowed by a police
helicopter, allowing the police cars to fall back slightly. This tends to result in
lower speeds as the criminals tend not to be aware they are in fact under effective
surveillance.

Graham

Old December 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,uk.legal
Paul Hyett

In uk.legal on Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Eeyore
> wrote :
>

>"_ Prof. Jonez _" wrote:
>
>> PHOENIX -- A bank robbery suspect being chased by officers through several
>> Phoenix-area suburbs crashed into an oncoming car, killing at least
>>two people.

>I am forever astonished that American police continue with high speed
>pursuits in
>situations where innocent bystanders will be subjected to serious risk.

Perhaps they get paid by the reality TV shows for each high speed chase
that happens...

>In Britain it's highly likely that the car would have been shadowed by a police
>helicopter, allowing the police cars to fall back slightly. This tends
>to result in
>lower speeds as the criminals tend not to be aware they are in fact
>under effective
>surveillance.

No shortage of police helicopters in the US...
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Old December 6th 07, 10:52 PM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,uk.legal
necromancer

Eeyo

> "_ Prof. Jonez _" wrote:
>
> > PHOENIX -- A bank robbery suspect being chased by officers through several
> > Phoenix-area suburbs crashed into an oncoming car, killing at least two people.

> I am forever astonished that American police continue with high speed pursuits in
> situations where innocent bystanders will be subjected to serious risk.

It doesn't surprise me at all.

> In Britain it's highly likely that the car would have been shadowed by a police
> helicopter, allowing the police cars to fall back slightly.

But that would not make for good footage for the american (sic) news
media. Plus, the cops probablly get a big rush out of it also.

> This tends to result in lower speeds as the criminals tend not to be aware
> they are in fact under effective surveillance.

True, but then there would be no, "BREAKING NEWS," or, "THE BIG STORY,"
for the likes of Fox News etc... to show over and over....

--
For the benefit of the nsa, cia and other goon squadss:

suitcase nuke mall cleveland allah comes alive at midnight
george w bush antichrist incompetent boob warmonger
anthrax ebola ecoli ecommerce etrade emortgage ebankrupt
911 inside job patriot act hates freedom wtc pulled
fifty nine million americans dumb texas mexico return
Old December 8th 07, 12:43 AM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,uk.legal
John David Galt

>> In Britain it's highly likely that the car would have been shadowed by a police
>> helicopter, allowing the police cars to fall back slightly.

> But that would not make for good footage for the american (sic) news
> media. Plus, the cops probablly get a big rush out of it also.

On the contrary. It's becoming common here for one of the TV news
station copters to do the shadowing -- and broadcast it live. The
only piece missing for that to happen in all parts of the US is for
the police to be willing to back off once the copter starts following
the bad guy -- and some police agencies have dummies in charge.
I don't know if that's so in Phoenix, but it sure is in Los Angeles.
Old December 9th 07, 07:51 PM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,uk.legal
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:05:30 -0000, Nick & Natalie > wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:39:02 +0000, Eeyore
> > wrote:
>
>> I am forever astonished that American police continue with high speed pursuits in
>> situations where innocent bystanders will be subjected to serious risk.

> I'm not.

ROTFPMSL!

--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.