Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

Old September 25th 08, 11:51 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message

>> Chevrolet excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and
>> then
>> the Harvard MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles
>> and they wonder WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER
>> buy a car designed by a Harvard MBA!

> You know, you've got a point there.
>
> I was discussing the Avalanche with a buddy of mine. He's got a 2003,
> while
> I have a 2006. They both had roughly the same options and about the same
> MSRP ($35,000).
>
> In order to "cut costs", GM listened to the bean counters and deleted from
> the truck in 2004 the rear door marker lights, passenger floor lights,
> glove box light, hood light and the passenger side cargo bay light.

> Though I could understand some need for cost cutting, did they actually
> save
> anything in this or did they just **** off every 2004> Avalanche buyer?

If we can have a "no-**** moment" in one board meeting at GM, one of the
young execs with a Harvard MBA incredulously asked WHY they had to have 5
lug nuts on the wheels of their cars, wouldn't 2 do the same job? He
calculated the savings for GM.

Old September 25th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

"80_Knight" > wrote in message

> The Malibu was named "North American Car of the Year" (kicking the Honda
> Accord's ass in the process), as well as being placed on "Car and
> Driver's" "10 best cars for 2008", along with the Cadillac CTS and Chevy
> Corvette. The Malibu was also chosen by Kelley Blue Book as the "Best
> redesigned vehicle for 2008".

And yet when you read Consumer's Reports there are all those pesky black
dots and the conclusion that repairs are "substantially higher than average"
and Honda rates "substantially better than average." I tend NOT to listen
to a magazine that once rated the Ford Pinto as CAR OF THE YEAR!

Old September 26th 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Edwin Pawlowski

" krp" > wrote in message
> I tend NOT to listen to a magazine that once rated the Ford Pinto as CAR
> OF THE YEAR!

But maybe it was at the time. No magazine tests rear end crashes to see if
the gas tank explodes. But value and economy were better than most of the
day.

Old September 26th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Edwin Pawlowski

" krp" > wrote in message
> The latest from GM is that have downgraded it to 40 miles. The lithium
> ion batteries cal deliver far more than what is planned for the 2010 Volt.

On my round trip to work I'd only have to walk 8 miles home. Nice. It may
still have a place for city types though.

Old September 26th 08, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> " krp" > wrote in message
>> I tend NOT to listen to a magazine that once rated the Ford Pinto as
>> CAR OF THE YEAR!
>>

> But maybe it was at the time.

You HAVE to be kidding!! They also rated the Chevy Vega high. The ONLY car
to hit the road in America that was worse was the YUGO!

Old September 26th 08, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>> The latest from GM is that have downgraded it to 40 miles. The lithium
>> ion batteries cal deliver far more than what is planned for the 2010
>> Volt.
>>

> On my round trip to work I'd only have to walk 8 miles home. Nice. It
> may still have a place for city types though.

Hopefully it will change by the time it is in showrooms.

Old September 26th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
adventuremyk

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:20:44 -0400, "80_Knight" >
wrote:

>The Malibu was also chosen by Kelley Blue Book as the "Best redesigned
>vehicle for 2008".

Kelly Blue Book tests and rates automobiles?!?

That's about like the NADA books (all 4-6 of them that look virtually
identical) being unbiased.. After all, it's the National Auto Dealers
Association...

On the same vein, Consumers Reports needs to stick to testing
toasters. That they can get right.
Old September 26th 08, 03:41 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Eeyore

krp wrote:

> The latest from GM is that have downgraded it to 40 miles.

You're talking utter nonsense.

Graham

Old September 26th 08, 03:46 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Eeyore

adventuremyk wrote:

> I did see another post about how horrible many of the GM/Ford
> dealerships are run and 'that's why I drive a Honda', yet Honda
> frequently has the worst rated sales practices of 'this is the price,
> take it or leave it.

Maybe because it's an honest price and not inflated by vast commissions ?

Graham

Old September 26th 08, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Scott

" krp" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>
>> >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
>> >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
>> >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
>> >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
>> >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
>> >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

>> And this:
>>
>> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
>> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
>> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
>> where it operated."

> < Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
> < the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
> < as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore
>
> Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
> Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
> small SUV's.
> Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
> evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman.
> Chevrolet excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and then
> the Harvard MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles
> and they wonder WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER
> buy a car designed by a Harvard MBA!

Could you just go back to the jap car whores group or just go away?

Now, I don't mean that in a bad sort of way...

window closing using the key Mike Cook BMW 10 May 6th 06 12:03 AM
Boot not closing on 147 Tom Alfa Romeo 0 February 25th 06 05:10 PM
GM Closing Saturn? John Hinson Saturn 1 November 30th 05 06:19 PM
Revard BMW/Indianapolis Closing it's Doors Bmrdude BMW 0 December 15th 04 10:21 PM