MustangGT Supercharge

Old July 30th 05, 11:11 PM
ImYourAngel25

Default MustangGT Supercharge

I got a 2000 MustangGT Supercharge. I would like to know if anyone mit
know how you can make the chip put out more horse power and how to set
it.
Thank you for any advice.

Old July 31st 05, 06:20 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

ImYourAngel25 wrote:
> I got a 2000 MustangGT Supercharge. I would like to know if anyone mit
> know how you can make the chip put out more horse power and how to set
> it.
> Thank you for any advice.

I'm sorry, but that really makes no sense. Chip? Chip put out
horsepower? Okay I reeally don't quite understand, but if you have a
Mustang with a blower on it and you are asking how to make the computer
put out more power, you really REALLY need to get some education on what
you have and how it works, as a car with a blown V8 can be a dagerous
and very expensive situation if you do not know how to keep it tuned or
can not afford to pay someone to do it. You can blow head gaskets and
melt pistons and stuff...

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com
Old August 1st 05, 07:31 AM
Bill Drake

I didn't quite understand the question myself.

I have a 2000 GT (yellow convert, a beauty) and am interested
supercharging it. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd
like to make an informed decision and finding good info on the
whole process is hard to come by.

What kind of increase in HP could I expect? Any cooling issues
with a supercharger? Do the kits adjust the engine computer?

Thanks in advance!
Old August 6th 05, 10:17 PM
Jafo

Information is in abundance all you have to do is look. Go to meets, shows
etc, ask questions in on-line forums - who dyno tunes in "insert your
area"...then talk to the tuners/installers.

http://www.procharger.com/
http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm
http://powerdyne.com/
http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/
http://www.allenengine.com/01must1.html

http://www.corral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=311 supercharger forum

To answer your question,
Vortech SQ - non-intercooled, tune on 94 octane 369 RWHP - 366 TQ @9-9.5lb
boost.
(395RWHP - 388 TQ when running the Snow Performance water/methanol
injection)
This is a daily driver - 24/365 so the tune isn't radical. Any more boost
and I'd have to "build" the engine to handle the stress and maintain the
daily driver aspect.
Shop recommended a 180° thermostat.
Pretty sure all kits come with a chip.. opted for the SCT multi instead.

G'luck.
--
Jafo
'02 GT Black

Old August 6th 05, 11:29 PM
.boB

ImYourAngel25 wrote:

> I got a 2000 MustangGT Supercharge. I would like to know if anyone mit
> know how you can make the chip put out more horse power and how to set
> it.
> Thank you for any advice.

This is a very common upgrade. There are probably 4-5 differant companies that
make superchargers, and 1-2 companies that make turbocharger kits for your car. Go
to your local book store and check out the magazine rack. That's a good place to
start. Go to your local cruise night and start asking around. Most people with
tricked out Fords can help guide you, and there's nothing better than one on one
communication. Depending on where you live, there's probably a shop not too far away
that does this for a living. If you're anywhere near Denver, I can help with that.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old August 7th 05, 12:33 AM
Bill Drake

Thanks for the info. I'm really torn between getting one of those 2006
Shelby GT models. Car and Drive guesses around 475hp versus keeping
the 2000 GT ragtop and supercharging that. Of course one is a lot
cheaper than the other. Guess I just have to wait until I can test drive
one of those Shelby's.

All the best, Bill