Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver

Old January 18th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
&cat=104

Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Fairfax Circuit Court jury convicted a drunk driver for killing another
drunk driver who caused a different accident on Route 7 moments before.

Gordon E. Brightly Jr., 50 of Leesburg, is scheduled to be sentenced in
late March in Fairfax County Circuit Court. The jury, which convicted
Brightly of involuntary manslaughter, recommended that he serve three
years in prison.

About 20 minutes past midnight on March 15, 2007, Anton Stefan Sjostrom,
27 of Reston, was standing outside his 2004 Toyota Camry on the right
through lane of westbound Route 7 near the intersection of Georgetown
Pike in Great Falls.

Sjostrom had rear-ended another vehicle and was inspecting the damage and
waiting for police to arrive when Brightly, driving a white Dodge pickup
truck in the right lane, hit Sjostrom and Sjostrom’s vehicle.

Sjostrom died at the scene and Brightly was transported to Inova Fairfax
Hospital.

Hours after the fatal accident, Brightly’s blood alcohol content was
tested to be .16, twice the legal limit to drive, said Rosenthall.

Sjostrom’s blood alcohol content was .28, more than three times the legal
limit for driving, said Chaney.

(snip)

---------------------------

3 years prison sounds like criminal coddling to me. Simple DUI should be
3 years and if you kill someone then it should be life wo parole.
Old January 18th 09, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
> &cat=104
>
> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.

Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
right?
Old January 18th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
The Real Bev[_3_]

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming ) wrote:

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
>> &cat=104
>>
>> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
>> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.
>>

> Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
> other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
> right?

I don't know about Aunt Judy, but I think it would have been kind of cool if the
second DUI's car had blown up, killing him too.

BTW, you can only be proud of something/someone if you had a hand in the
creation of the prideful thingy.

But you're right about global warming -- it's certainly giving SoCal a nice ski
season so far.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 18th 09, 09:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
King Hussein Obama

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )
> wrote:
>
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
>>> &cat=104
>>>
>>> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
>>> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.
>>>

>> Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
>> other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
>> right?

> I don't know about Aunt Judy, but I think it would have been kind of cool
> if the second DUI's car had blown up, killing him too.
>
> BTW, you can only be proud of something/someone if you had a hand in the
> creation of the prideful thingy.
>
> But you're right about global warming -- it's certainly giving SoCal a
> nice ski season so far.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Bev
> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=
> "The object in life is not to be on the side of the
> majority, but to be insane in such a useful way that
> they can't commit you." -- Mark Edwards

===========

HUH? I live near the Oregon border and we've been breaking high records all
week.
Upper 70s, low 80s, very little to no water.

Old January 18th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

The Real Bev wrote:

> Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming ) wrote:
>
> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
> >> &cat=104
> >>
> >> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
> >> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.
> >>

> > Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
> > other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
> > right?

> I don't know about Aunt Judy, but I think it would have been kind of cool if the
> second DUI's car had blown up, killing him too.

What if they made a rule that said only drunk drivers could drive
around from 2am to 3am every other Saturday night? They could then
give them merit badges and other awards based on how many of each
other they killed: "Horrific wreck on interstate, six inebriates
die, surviving drunk gets three thousand points and a case of the
Night Train. Good job!"

> BTW, you can only be proud of something/someone if you had a hand in the
> creation of the prideful thingy.
>
> But you're right about global warming -- it's certainly giving SoCal a nice ski
> season so far.

It's not certain if the supposed threat from Global Warming is
real. What is clear is that no matter what weather pattern or
weather related event occurs, be it more snow or less, be it rain
or no rain, be it hurricanes or none, it's all caused by Global
Warming.
Old January 18th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
John David Galt

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming ) wrote:
> What if they made a rule that said only drunk drivers could drive
> around from 2am to 3am every other Saturday night? They could then
> give them merit badges and other awards based on how many of each
> other they killed: "Horrific wreck on interstate, six inebriates
> die, surviving drunk gets three thousand points and a case of the
> Night Train. Good job!"

Does that mean I could get a ticket for driving while sober?
Old January 18th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"
> wrote in :

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
>> &cat=104
>>
>> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
>> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.
>>

> Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
> other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
> right?

If somebody has to die

Let it be a DUI.
Old January 18th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
MLOM

On Jan 18, 2:28*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" *
> > wrote :
>

> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> >>http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...24241&paper=66
> >> &cat=104

> >> Drunk Driver Kills Drunk Driver
> >> Jury recommends three-year sentence in death of Reston man.

> > Just admit it, you are kind of proud of the DUI who killed the
> > other DUI. You want to give a him a blue ribbon or something, am I
> > right?

> If somebody has to die
>
> Let it be a DUI.

Heh. DUI vs. DUI...haven't LMAO so much since Mad Magazine's "Spy vs.
Spy."
Old January 18th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_5_]

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:04:04 -0600, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

>3 years prison sounds like criminal coddling to me. Simple DUI should be
>3 years and if you kill someone then it should be life wo parole.

So, when will you be reporting to prison?

Or will you save the taxpayer some money and blow your head off
first?
--
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS says that
drinking and driving is acceptable:

"Oh no - drinking and driving are constitutional rights."
--Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 1/3/09

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/85hpur
Msg ID:
Old January 19th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

John David Galt wrote:

> Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming ) wrote:
> > What if they made a rule that said only drunk drivers could drive
> > around from 2am to 3am every other Saturday night? They could then
> > give them merit badges and other awards based on how many of each
> > other they killed: "Horrific wreck on interstate, six inebriates
> > die, surviving drunk gets three thousand points and a case of the
> > Night Train. Good job!"

> Does that mean I could get a ticket for driving while sober?

Only between 2am and 3am every other Saturday night.

--
"It happens sometimes, people just explode, natural causes."

-+Alex Cox, "Repo Man"