Aftermarket Honda Fenders

Old August 3rd 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default Aftermarket Honda Fenders

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:18:59 -0700, Chris F. wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get aftermarket rear fenders for a 1980-83 Honda
> civic? I recently acquired a nice old 1500GL and one of the rear fenders
> needs replacement. Somebody told me you can get these as aftermarket parts,
> cut off what's left of the old one, and weld the new one on. I did a bit of
> Google searching but couldn't find any though....

You'll have to have an "in" to look at the parts/price, but Keystone may
have these, and there's another that I have bought lenses from, but I
can't remember the name. Car-something. People think they're junk, but my
lenses fit and were brand new for a few $$$ more than Junkyard.

HOWEVER, this is an *old* car you're talking about. It may be tough. They
usually keep parts in stock for about 10-12 years.

I'd be looking on eBay...

you can also try http://www.car-part.com

Junkyard parts, but it lists local dealers and you'll have a better chance
to find what you're looking for.

I'm an old Toyota junkie, myself, but Hondas are cool, too. How you coming
along with your other project, what was it, an EF?

Old August 4th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Chris F.

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:18:59 -0700, Chris F. wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where to get aftermarket rear fenders for a 1980-83
>> Honda
>> civic? I recently acquired a nice old 1500GL and one of the rear fenders
>> needs replacement. Somebody told me you can get these as aftermarket
>> parts,
>> cut off what's left of the old one, and weld the new one on. I did a bit
>> of
>> Google searching but couldn't find any though....

> You'll have to have an "in" to look at the parts/price, but Keystone may
> have these, and there's another that I have bought lenses from, but I
> can't remember the name. Car-something. People think they're junk, but my
> lenses fit and were brand new for a few $$$ more than Junkyard.
>
> HOWEVER, this is an *old* car you're talking about. It may be tough. They
> usually keep parts in stock for about 10-12 years.
>
> I'd be looking on eBay...
>
> you can also try http://www.car-part.com
>
> Junkyard parts, but it lists local dealers and you'll have a better chance
> to find what you're looking for.
>
> I'm an old Toyota junkie, myself, but Hondas are cool, too. How you coming
> along with your other project, what was it, an EF?

I can always fabricate the fender if I have to (with a little help from
Bondo), it's just a lot more work that's all.
The other project (the '89 Civic hatch) is almost done and is now waiting to
be sprayed - but I can't do that in 80+ percent humidity. With no break in
the weather in sight, it may have to wait for weeks....
I'm the type of person who enjoys saving old things that nobody else
values (antique radios, organs, etc), and now I'm trying to apply that same
philosophy to old Hondas. These old ones are pretty scarce here in Canada
though, so I don't think I'll be filling up my backyard anytime soon.

Old August 5th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 07:47:07 -0700, Chris F. wrote:

> I'm the type of person who enjoys saving old things that nobody else
> values (antique radios, organs, etc), and now I'm trying to apply that same
> philosophy to old Hondas. These old ones are pretty scarce here in Canada
> though, so I don't think I'll be filling up my backyard anytime soon.

Ooooh! A Pack Rat!

You don't even want to see my combination cellar/garage...

I told you about my stable. I also have about 20 cameras; 10 I got in a
box from the Salvation Army for $10, including a $375 Ricoh rangefinder,
and then the 'stable' I use, a couple Minoltas, a couple of other Ricohs,
an Olympus, a Canon and a Nikon.

Radios? Got a billion of them, with a dozen car stereos, amps speakers...

We won't even start with computers...that's what I do for work...if you
can call that 'work'!

Honda OEM wiper blades, any better than aftermarket? techman41973 Honda 25 March 28th 09 02:09 AM
TJ flat fenders jbjeep Jeep 1 August 3rd 07 08:31 PM
Question about aftermarket HID on Honda? alfred Honda 7 November 20th 06 05:34 PM
where to get 04 honda pilot aftermarket side bars and front bars mike113 Honda 1 June 9th 05 12:26 AM
mystery fenders Glenn Pavlovic Antique cars 1 October 29th 04 07:44 AM