newbie in need

Old January 17th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default newbie in need

Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
'78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!

there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
no cover

please it's killing me

duffy

Old January 17th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"duffy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
>
> there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> no cover
>

> please it's killing me
>

> duffy

Should be a little pipe thingy also attached to bottle, with a tyre (tire)
valve on the end. Itsy bitsy bit of pressure needed, after filling bottle
with water, that is. Leave space for air.

Old January 17th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

duffy wrote:
> Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
>
> there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> no cover
>

> please it's killing me
>

> duffy

Replace it with an electric waher reservoir from jcwhitney.com or
cip1.com so you will not have a deflated spare tire when you need it.

Old January 18th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> duffy wrote:
> > Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> > '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> > three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
> >
> > there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> > no cover
> >

> > please it's killing me
> >

> > duffy

> Replace it with an electric waher reservoir from jcwhitney.com or
> cip1.com so you will not have a deflated spare tire when you need it.

Its a bus, but good point. Apparently there are washer bags, like
camelbacks, with electric pumps in. That would fit nicely in place of the
original leaky bottle. Need to take a trip to a yard

Old January 18th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

More to the point ...

"Its a Bus"

High up off the road, you hardly ever used the washer ! the tyre wont go
flat

I have driven my two busses for years now without any water in the washers
:-)

Rich
..

Old January 18th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"tricky" > wrote in message
> More to the point ...
>
> "Its a Bus"
>
> High up off the road, you hardly ever used the washer ! the tyre wont go
> flat
>
> I have driven my two busses for years now without any water in the washers
> :-)
>
> Rich
> .

Are these the busses that live in your garden ? ;-). I know, I know....
I'll get my coat.....

James