Roof problems on renault megane cabriolet

Old July 19th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Karmann[_1_]

Default Roof problems on renault megane cabriolet

I have a 2002 megane cabriolet, had a flat battery on Monday and had to
manually close it.

Now the hatch on the boot won't open again electrically to be able to open
the roof. Renault say once the manual strap is back in it should open.

Any ideas anyone?
Old July 19th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

"Karmann" <u24283@uwe> wrote in message news:637af073eab9b@uwe...
>I have a 2002 megane cabriolet, had a flat battery on Monday and had to
> manually close it.

By "a flat battery" I assume you mean the battery was discharged, but I do
not understand what you mean by you had to "manually close it. Close what?

> Now the hatch on the boot won't open again electrically to be able to open
> the roof. Renault say once the manual strap is back in it should open.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

Oh, I see, you must mean you had to manually close the hatch. Well, perhaps
the circuit protection device (fuse or circuit breaker) is faulty (I would
check that first) or the switch or motor is defective. You will need someone
that is familiar with your make and model vehicle and experienced in trouble
shooting electrical systems to diagnose the exact cause of the problem, so I
would suggest taking it to a dealer for repair.
--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old August 17th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Kevin wrote:

> "Karmann" <u24283@uwe> wrote in message news:637af073eab9b@uwe...
> >I have a 2002 megane cabriolet, had a flat battery on Monday and had to
> > manually close it.

> By "a flat battery" I assume you mean the battery was discharged, but I do
> not understand what you mean by you had to "manually close it. Close what?
>

> > Now the hatch on the boot won't open again electrically to be able to open
> > the roof. Renault say once the manual strap is back in it should open.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?

> Oh, I see, you must mean you had to manually close the hatch. Well, perhaps
> the circuit protection device (fuse or circuit breaker) is faulty (I would
> check that first) or the switch or motor is defective. You will need someone
> that is familiar with your make and model vehicle and experienced in trouble
> shooting electrical systems to diagnose the exact cause of the problem, so I
> would suggest taking it to a dealer for repair.
> --
> Kevin Mouton
> Automotive Technology Instructor
> "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
> Red Green

Hi

Sorry, but just to pick this one up for resolution. I have a Megane
Cab and the roof hasn't worked since I was forced to raise it manually
after the hydraulic fluid dropped below min earlier this year. Now the
roof won't lower and whenever I turn on the ignition something beeps at
me five times.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

Old August 17th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Karmann via CarKB.com

Hi
I finally managed to fix mine myself. Ensure the hydraulic key is turned
fully clockwise and the release strap is back in. Just keep tring to turn
the key back and forth & different combinations of this whilst you try to
close/open the roof. Mine eventually clicked in and is working perfectly now.

It took seven attempts of truning the kep back and forth though and ensureing
all the wires were in properly.

Good luck

Old August 17th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Sorry mate

When you say the strap is fully back in, can you clarify. Sorry if I'm
sounding dense.

Dan

http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...nance/200608/1

Old August 17th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Karmann via CarKB.com

In your boot there should be a small hatch that you can pull down, at the
back of the boot going into the back of your car. If you reach up when that
is open then there should be a strap that pulls down to release the hatch
that covers the roof compartment, when its open?

You have to pull that down to open /close the roof manually and it has to be
back up if you want the hydrailics to work again.

Hoep this makes sense to you, I don't know the technical terms but that comes
with being female lol

Old August 17th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

That's great, I'll give that a go anyway.

Hopefully it will be as simple as that - otherwise i feel that my
chequebook and I are off for a trip over to Renault.

Old August 21st 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Okay, I had a go at this at the weekend and managed to get some
movement on the back roof compartment door and certainly the beeping
has stopped. However, it is still not fully working.

The strap is now set to manual release and will not click back in.
Given that I can hear the motors whirring when I press the button, I'm
thinking it's more to do with the latch on this than anything
electrical or hydraulic.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Dan

Old March 5th 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Hi everyone.
Please help..
Went to clise roof on my 56 megane canrio...the rear shelf has got stuck beneath the the rear glass window. Boot wont close and i cant open the roof to release the shelf i cant get i to the boot to try to rectify. Does a yone have any ideas please.
Old May 27th 17, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

You need to have the computerbox reset by Renault dealer