Audi 100 Headlight advice

Old October 4th 04, 11:17 PM
Stephen Clark

Default Audi 100 Headlight advice

I have been considering replacing my stock US headlights with these ( search
for item # IV1108 ).

http://www.importvision.com/index.ph..._inventory.php

They are only $149 a pair, but I know I need a proper Euro wiring harness,
and maybe other parts as well.

Has any one done this before with these inexpensive lights, and what was
your experience? Is the vendor reliable? Are the lights the proper fit,
etc.?

Thanks for any advice!

--
Stephen Clark
Houston, Texas USA

See my Audi in the Registry at www.audiworld.com!

Old October 5th 04, 03:01 PM
Steve Sears

Stephen,
I bought the clear corner marker lights from them - Depo brand (made in
Taiwan) but they snapped right on to the eurolight housing - they were quick
to ship.
I don't know about the lights they sell - I have a bunch of those non-turbo
eurolights in my garage with Hella and Bosch markings - got them from the
local wrecker's for $35 (Canadian) a side. The clear corners can be adapted
to be both parking light and turn signal - just get the dual filament bulb
socket and wiring pigtail from a Mercedes at the wrecking yard. With the
turn signals moving in with the parking lights, I can install some
additional driving lights in the bumper.
My plan with my '87 5ktq is to use the non-turbo eurolights with clear
corners and put the hood from a V8 on with the integrated grille - Paul
Fernandes (Custom Auto Craft) has done something similar.
As far as the wiring harness is concerned, you can get a Heavy Duty one
premade from www.suvlights.com, or make one yourself, apparently, it's not
that hard (from what I'm told by Frank de Kat, who did his urQ: a day's work
at the most, a bunch of crimp connectors and heat shrink, heavy gauge/multi
strand wire, a ratcheting crimper, a wiring diagram, relays/sockets, some
beer.....I dunno how the last one figures into the mix, since I don't drink,
but apparently it's a good attractant for other Audi folks to help you out).
If you want to see a well thought out harness fabrication, see Huw Powell's
at:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/lighting-90.htm#top
He also has some links to help you out (like www.danielsternlighting.com)
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - "soon" to be a faux-V8
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

"Stephen Clark" > wrote in message
> I have been considering replacing my stock US headlights with these (

search
> for item # IV1108 ).
>
> http://www.importvision.com/index.ph..._inventory.php
>
> They are only $149 a pair, but I know I need a proper Euro wiring harness,
> and maybe other parts as well.
>
> Has any one done this before with these inexpensive lights, and what was
> your experience? Is the vendor reliable? Are the lights the proper fit,
> etc.?
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>

> --
> Stephen Clark
> Houston, Texas USA
>
> See my Audi in the Registry at www.audiworld.com!

1998 Audi A6 electrical problem T-Bone Audi 3 September 22nd 04 03:21 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice Z Audi 2 July 16th 04 04:04 PM
Audi 100 quattro temp gauge probs Paul Wickham Audi 1 May 31st 04 04:39 PM
Used 156 buying Advice Please ? Steve Haigh Alfa Romeo 0 April 28th 04 09:12 PM